Beep Code Question Please

I have a Pen4 HT processor on an Asus board from Hypersonic. I normally
have been getting a two short beep code on boot which is normal for the
HT. Suddenly, as of yesterday, I'm getting a 4 short beep code on boot
or reboot.
There is absolutely no indication of anything wrong on the computer. It
completes the boot and everything works as advertised.
I opened the case and reset the video card and the two ram sticks just
to eliminate that as a possible source of the 4 beep code, but it's
still there on boot.....4 short beeps.
I'm not sure about the bios and how this interfaces with the beep code
on my computer.
Does anyone have any idea at all what might be causing this, and why I'm
not getting any intercept screens on the boot to match the 4 beep post
check?
I'm not all that computer literate gang. I can of course send the box
back to Hypersonic, but if anyone can help with a possible solution
while I still have the computer here, I'd really appreciate it.
The case is open now.
Many thanks
Dudley
4 answers Last reply
More about beep code question please

    "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@trashearthlink.net> wrote in message

    Just as an addition to my initial post, could the 3 USB flight sim
    controllers I have attached to 3 individual USB ports be causing this 4
    beep code on boot; because when I disconnect them I get a 1beep code on
    the boot!!!!
    Thanks
    Dudley

    Dudley Henriques wrote:
    > I have a Pen4 HT processor on an Asus board from Hypersonic. I
    > normally have been getting a two short beep code on boot which is
    > normal for the HT. Suddenly, as of yesterday, I'm getting a 4 short
    > beep code on boot or reboot.
    > There is absolutely no indication of anything wrong on the computer.
    > It completes the boot and everything works as advertised.
    > I opened the case and reset the video card and the two ram sticks just
    > to eliminate that as a possible source of the 4 beep code, but it's
    > still there on boot.....4 short beeps.
    > I'm not sure about the bios and how this interfaces with the beep code
    > on my computer.
    > Does anyone have any idea at all what might be causing this, and why
    > I'm not getting any intercept screens on the boot to match the 4 beep
    > post check?
    > I'm not all that computer literate gang. I can of course send the box
    > back to Hypersonic, but if anyone can help with a possible solution
    > while I still have the computer here, I'd really appreciate it.
    > The case is open now.
    > Many thanks
    > Dudley

    Google is your friend. You can find a list of beep codes (according to your
    BIOS) here (http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/). Now, why couldn't you
    have Googled?
    on salads.

    > Dudley Henriques wrote:
    >> I have a Pen4 HT processor on an Asus board from Hypersonic. I
    >> normally have been getting a two short beep code on boot which is
    >> normal for the HT. Suddenly, as of yesterday, I'm getting a 4 short
    >> beep code on boot or reboot.
    >> There is absolutely no indication of anything wrong on the computer.
    >> It completes the boot and everything works as advertised.
    >> I opened the case and reset the video card and the two ram sticks
    >> just
    >> to eliminate that as a possible source of the 4 beep code, but it's
    >> still there on boot.....4 short beeps.
    >> I'm not sure about the bios and how this interfaces with the beep
    >> code
    >> on my computer.
    >> Does anyone have any idea at all what might be causing this, and why
    >> I'm not getting any intercept screens on the boot to match the 4 beep
    >> post check?
    >> I'm not all that computer literate gang. I can of course send the box
    >> back to Hypersonic, but if anyone can help with a possible solution
    >> while I still have the computer here, I'd really appreciate it.
    >> The case is open now.
    >> Many thanks
    >> Dudley
    >

    > Google is your friend. You can find a list of beep codes (according to
    > your BIOS) here (http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/). Now, why
    > couldn't you have Googled?

    As it happens, I've both "googled" and called Hypersonic before I posted
    here. If google could solve the issue I wouldn't have bothered you.
    Sorry for taking up your time :-)
    Hypersonic built the computer and they are stumped because the beep
    code isn't associated with an error screen as it should be and the fact
    that everything is normal. I was hoping I'd find some one here who might
    have a handle on this unusual behavior. I've isolated the behavior I
    believe to the USB flight sim controllers. There are 3 of them..... 1
    each to a separate USB port. When the controllers are disconnected, the
    beep code goes to 1.
    What I really need to know from the group if possible is whether or not
    having these controllers attached is indeed what is causing the beep
    code and if this is considered normal. If I can learn this here, it will
    save me sending the computer back to Hypersonic. I test for the flight
    sim community and going down right now will greatly inconvenience a lot
    of software designers.
    Am I being unreasonable asking for your help?
    Thank you,
    Dudley Henriques
    International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    for email; take out the trash

    Thank you very much for this input. I'll be checking this out
    immediately.
    "mikey" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message
    it might be possible that with all 3 plugged in you are exceeding the
    power rating for the usb ports.
    might check in device manager under usb ports for the power
    setting/usage.
    also check the power requirements of the controllers.

    mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

[...]

Computers Boot Windows XP