peter

So I went and splurged on a Dual Layer burner.Installed it into my system.A7N8
deluxe MOBO with one SATA drive,1 IDE drive,1 LG DVD burner,a Barton 2500 with
1gig of 3200 DDR ram ,Radeon 9600 video,2 fans as well as a Hauppauge PVR 250
card running on a 350w PSU.
When I restart the system it reads everything correctly but the XP start up
screen is barely visible and never gets to the little box with the lines running
thru it.It just sits there.I took a DVD player out and replaced it with the
Lite-on it worked fine up that point.I double checked all of the master/slave
settings and all were fine.To me it seems like I've reached the limit of my
power supply?? When I disconnect the IDE drive there are no problems.
Does a DVD burner pull that much more power than a mere player??? Have I reached
the limit of my PSU which has a 12v rating of 18amps????

thanks for any insights
peter

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

At one time, I had to remove one of my PCI devices
to get the Wifi controller to be recognized. And my third
memory module would not be recognized either,

That is until I replaced my - defective - PSU.

In Windows, I could see that the 5V circuit delivered
4.5 V, and the 12 circuit somewhere around 11,5 V.

ehCURSC1EHA.2884@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...