DVD-R/RW stopped working

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 won't be recognized by XP (SP2) once I insert a
fresh disk. This is a new occurrence, as I've written disks successfully
previously. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times and can play
and read disks ok. Just can't write to it.

Windows Explorer shows the DVD-RW drive, but once I insert a DVD-R, it
changes it to a CD drive.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Harry

Did you reinstall your DVD burning software?
www.coribright.com