Recent ROM additions to classic Williams games

Noted with .92 that there were ROMs added to the Williams classics:
Robotron, Bubbles, Defender, etc.

Checked MAWS, no mention of what, or why. Can someone shed some insight?

--
Do you want a free Gaming Console?
http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

    Peale schrieb:
    > Noted with .92 that there were ROMs added to the Williams classics:
    > Robotron, Bubbles, Defender, etc.
    >
    > Checked MAWS, no mention of what, or why. Can someone shed some insight?

    MAWS mentioned it. The sets are listed on the "new & changed" page.

    Roman Scherzer <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in

    > Peale schrieb:
    >> Noted with .92 that there were ROMs added to the Williams classics:
    >> Robotron, Bubbles, Defender, etc.
    >>
    >> Checked MAWS, no mention of what, or why. Can someone shed some
    >> insight?
    >
    > MAWS mentioned it. The sets are listed on the "new & changed" page.

    Yes, it states that it was changed. Not why. And by 'what' I don't mean
    what ROMs, but what the addition of these ROMs does.

    --
    Do you want a free Gaming Console?
    http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

    > Yes, it states that it was changed. Not why. And by 'what' I don't mean
    > what ROMs, but what the addition of these ROMs does.

    Well...the missing proms were added to the drivers.

    >> Yes, it states that it was changed. Not why. And by 'what' I don't
    >> mean what ROMs, but what the addition of these ROMs does.
    >>

    > Well...the missing proms were added to the drivers.

    And what do they do? I note they're named 'decoder'

    --
    Do you want a free Gaming Console?
    http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

    A logic chip is a set of gates that have an input and an output such as AND,
    OR, NOR, etc. A small prom has inputs and outputs so it also could be
    considered a programmable logic gate instead of just storing data. A
    decoder has an input of binary values and outputs individual lines related
    to the binary number. Since that's simple logic it's not required by MAME
    to emulate the games, but for preservation purposes should be included in
    the rom sets.

    Dave

    ---

Games Rom Classic Video Games