Internet sharing and wireless networks.

I have an AdHoc wireless network in the house which works fine whilst I have
static IP address's for both cards - however once I set the cards to aquire
an IP address automatically this is when I start to get the trouble.

Can anyone tell me - do U have to aquire an IP address automatically to get
ICS to work? I had it working at one point last week however when I rebooted
both machines the ICS didn't work! I now can't get it to work at all -
static IP address or not.

Is this a common problem with ICS? I have read many an idiot guide to
getting this working but no-one ever mentioned about the IP address. ANy help
would be gratefully appreciated.

I have tried the networking wizard too many times to mention - is there
another way to make it work?

You cant set your NICs to get a IP automatically unless you are using a
router or setup a software server to hand out IPs via DHCP. ICS will work
when you have the computers networked together, which means you need to IPs
ans Subnets defined. In AD-HOC mode you have to set your IPs Static since
you have no DHCP server running.