Can't enable S.M.A.R.T.

I can't sim to enable S.M.A.R.T. hard monitor for a GA-7VT600 1394
motherboard. Does any one know how? Please help, just lost one HD B/C I
could enable S.M.A.R.T. HD monitor. :)

"Clarence" <cwin3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I can't sim to enable S.M.A.R.T. hard monitor for a GA-7VT600 1394
> motherboard. Does any one know how? Please help, just lost one HD B/C I
> could enable S.M.A.R.T. HD monitor. :)

you need to press Alt-F1 I think (or maybe Ctrl-F1) in the bios to enable
the advanced options ... should be able to enable SMART then. I don't
understand why it's not enabled by default these days, or at least check the
drives attached and enable for those that are compatible.

Mal

Knuckles

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2001

You must also have a hard drive that supports S.M.A.R.T.