Can you add additional space to your original MBR hard dri..

Somehow, when I installed Windows XP Pro on a new 30 GB hard drive, XP setup
would not allow me above 2GB of space for the initial install. I was
surprised because I was under the understanding that only Windows NT had a
2GB limitation using NTFS. I have 2 other larger NTFS partions now on the
same hard drive, but I want to "append" my boot partition to use the
additional drive space. Is there another alternative to partioning a new
larger hard drive and copying my information to it?
1 answer Last reply
More about additional space original hard

    You need a program like Partition Magic to merge partitions.
    I don't quite see how XP would not install to one 30GB drive though, mine is
    120GB & that was no problem.
    Neil

    "LaZzeR" <LaZzeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Somehow, when I installed Windows XP Pro on a new 30 GB hard drive, XP
    > setup
    > would not allow me above 2GB of space for the initial install. I was
    > surprised because I was under the understanding that only Windows NT had a
    > 2GB limitation using NTFS. I have 2 other larger NTFS partions now on the
    > same hard drive, but I want to "append" my boot partition to use the
    > additional drive space. Is there another alternative to partioning a new
    > larger hard drive and copying my information to it?

Hard Drives Windows XP