Can you add additional space to your original MBR hard dri..

November 27, 2004 2:25:01 PM

Somehow, when I installed Windows XP Pro on a new 30 GB hard drive, XP setup
would not allow me above 2GB of space for the initial install. I was
surprised because I was under the understanding that only Windows NT had a
2GB limitation using NTFS. I have 2 other larger NTFS partions now on the
same hard drive, but I want to "append" my boot partition to use the
additional drive space. Is there another alternative to partioning a new
larger hard drive and copying my information to it?
November 27, 2004 11:20:30 PM

You need a program like Partition Magic to merge partitions.
I don't quite see how XP would not install to one 30GB drive though, mine is
120GB & that was no problem.
Neil

!