I recently purchased a second hand GA 7N400 Pro of e-bay, which turn out to
be faulty. When i set it up and turn it on it will not post, but there are
no error beeps or anything. I know all the parts i have put in are OK. I
have tried just connecting the processor and fan, and going from there
adding components 1 at a time, but it doesn'rt even work with just the cpu
and memory.

Please can anyone give me any hints, as i was really looking forward to
using my new board.

Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:18:11 GMT, "Alan NTL News"
<alhardwick@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I recently purchased a second hand GA 7N400 Pro of e-bay, which turn out to
>be faulty. When i set it up and turn it on it will not post, but there are
>no error beeps or anything. I know all the parts i have put in are OK. I
>have tried just connecting the processor and fan, and going from there
>adding components 1 at a time, but it doesn'rt even work with just the cpu
>and memory.
>
>Please can anyone give me any hints, as i was really looking forward to
>using my new board.
>
>Alan
>
>Ok Try This as a last resort!
If it will not post, It seems as if the previous owner was trying to
overclock or something, in which case these boards go into a lockup
mode and wont even let you into bios.
Pull mains plug out then remove Bios battery from Motherboard and
depending wether you have ver.1 Or Ver.2 of the board, If ver1 leave
battery out for about 10 mins.
If Ver.2 Short out the bios jumpers on the board to clear the settings
to default.
Replace the battery, Fire up the machine and if it will then post,
Problem solved.
If it doesnt Post, Sorry, Board is fried, and you got sold a puppy.
Double check your connections as a last resort, If not then you only
have 2 options.
Forget about it. Or Go get your cash back.
Hope this helps!
Rotor:-

Might be a stuppid question, but did you plug in the 12v power cable near
the CPU ?

"rotor" <rotor@free.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:18:11 GMT, "Alan NTL News"
> <alhardwick@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >I recently purchased a second hand GA 7N400 Pro of e-bay, which turn out
> >be faulty. When i set it up and turn it on it will not post, but there
are
> >no error beeps or anything. I know all the parts i have put in are OK. I
> >have tried just connecting the processor and fan, and going from there
> >adding components 1 at a time, but it doesn'rt even work with just the
cpu
> >and memory.
> >
> >Please can anyone give me any hints, as i was really looking forward to
> >using my new board.
> >
> >Alan
> >
> >Ok Try This as a last resort!
> If it will not post, It seems as if the previous owner was trying to
> overclock or something, in which case these boards go into a lockup
> mode and wont even let you into bios.
> Pull mains plug out then remove Bios battery from Motherboard and
> depending wether you have ver.1 Or Ver.2 of the board, If ver1 leave
> battery out for about 10 mins.
> If Ver.2 Short out the bios jumpers on the board to clear the settings
> to default.
> Replace the battery, Fire up the machine and if it will then post,
> Problem solved.
> If it doesnt Post, Sorry, Board is fried, and you got sold a puppy.
> Double check your connections as a last resort, If not then you only
> have 2 options.
> Forget about it. Or Go get your cash back.
> Hope this helps!
> Rotor:-

TRENDING THREADS