Power Management settings not there, but ACPI is ON!

Here's a tricky little problem.

I did a fresh installs of XP SP2 (Home on one machine, and Pro on ther
other) just the other day on two different machines with different hardware.
In short, I lost the ability to return from standby with mouse or keyboard
stroke. Now, I must hit the power button on the machine to return from
standby.

However, these machines successfully enter into standby with the sleep
button from the keyboard.

Looking to both of these machines, the USB HID devices for keyboard and
mouse *both* do not have the Power Management tab that would allow me
normally to say 'Wake from Standby'. Its simply not there!

Both machines have ACPI properly enabled; standby features are working
properly, and Power Management tabs are in other places, ie USB root hubs,
etc.

How do I fix this? Is this a new bug? Both machines work solely with USB
keyboard and mouses. One is a logitech cordless duo with one shared USB
connector, and the other is a logitech keyboard, and logitech trackball, both
USB with separate connectors.

On the cordless Duo, I tried the alternative of using the PS2 port (instead
of USB), and even there the Power Management tab would not display on the
found device.

Any ideas?

Try updating your your device drivers..

Good Luck

--
William

"scriabinop23" <scriabinop23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's a tricky little problem.
>
> I did a fresh installs of XP SP2 (Home on one machine, and Pro on ther
> other) just the other day on two different machines with different
> hardware.
> In short, I lost the ability to return from standby with mouse or keyboard
> stroke. Now, I must hit the power button on the machine to return from
> standby.
>
> However, these machines successfully enter into standby with the sleep
> button from the keyboard.
>
> Looking to both of these machines, the USB HID devices for keyboard and
> mouse *both* do not have the Power Management tab that would allow me
> normally to say 'Wake from Standby'. Its simply not there!
>
> Both machines have ACPI properly enabled; standby features are working
> properly, and Power Management tabs are in other places, ie USB root hubs,
> etc.
>
> How do I fix this? Is this a new bug? Both machines work solely with USB
> keyboard and mouses. One is a logitech cordless duo with one shared USB
> connector, and the other is a logitech keyboard, and logitech trackball,
> both
> USB with separate connectors.
>
> On the cordless Duo, I tried the alternative of using the PS2 port
> (instead
> of USB), and even there the Power Management tab would not display on the
> found device.
>
> Any ideas?

Already been done. on 1 of the machines at least, after installation I
reinstalled the intel 865 motherboard drivers (ie new usb drivers, etc), then
ran the new logitech mouseware driver install. No success.

Since the problem occurs on both machines with new SP2 installs, I am
wondering if this is a fresh install SP2 issue. (they weren't sp1 -> sp2
upgrades)