sfs

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2005

http://haze.mameworld.info/

Whats New:

0.92u2000
---------

Given the circumstances this seems a worthwhile update ;-).

----

Improvements to Seibu SPI decryption [Nicola Salmoria]
Tile graphics are decrypted for all Games
Sprites decrypted for Raiden Fighters 2000

Discrete Sound in Tank8 [Hans Andersson]

Added Trackballs in Championship Bowling [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

Fixed Super Trio sound frequency [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]

Compiler Fixes [R.Belmont]

FD1089 Update [Nicola Salmoria, Charles MacDonald]
Complete table for 317-0033 (Alien Syndrome) and 317-0034
(S.Hang On)

Updated Mahjong drivers to use new default controls [James Wallace]

Updated Gladiator driver [Nicola Salmoria]
- verified with schematics (though the schematics are very
hard to read
so there are still dubious places)
- converted to tilemaps, fixed scrolling
- simplified tile decoding
- flip screen support
- fixed spriteram size (this fixes gladiatr36rc2gre)
- support for sprite dual buffer (this fixes sprite trails)
- adjusted YM2203 mixing levels so bass notes can still be
heard (the
audio mixing stage has some program controlled filters
though which
aren't supported)
- merged with ppking, drivers/ppking.c is no longer needed
- proper blending of the fg layer (it's a palette effect not
alpha
blending)

Improved video emulation in XFiles [Tomasz Slanina]

New Games / Clones supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status:

Raiden Fighters 2: 2000 [Nicola Salmoria, Ville Linde]
Sound is not yet perfect, some graphical effects are missing

clones:
Little Hero (bootleg of KidNiki) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Astro Combat (bootleg of Astro Blaster) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Super Missile Attack (encrypted set) [Mowerman, Dave Widel]

New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
------------------------------------

TurboSub [Tomasz Slanina]
basic driver for now, acts as a bitmap viewer for the GFX
roms.

SFS <sfs409@yahoo.com> wrote in news:554511hfmf97qrva26tu5i4pnk4pfetd4i@
4ax.com:

> http://haze.mameworld.info/
>
> Whats New:
>
> 0.92u2000
> ---------

OFFS! ANOTHER update?
I seem to spend more time updating than playing! :)

How about another one on Thursday that will include Buggy Boy?
Please, please, pretty please.... with sugar and a cherry on top?
Thursday. February 17th. Buggy Boy. Got that?

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 04:37:46 GMT, Alex Devlin <Alex@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>SFS <sfs409@yahoo.com> wrote in news:554511hfmf97qrva26tu5i4pnk4pfetd4i@
>4ax.com:
>

>> http://haze.mameworld.info/
>>
>> Whats New:
>>
>> 0.92u2000
>> ---------
>>

>OFFS! ANOTHER update?
>I seem to spend more time updating than playing! :)

Ain't that the truth. I've relegated myself to only update for each
non-interum release, but even those come along pretty often. I finally
got around to updating from .85 to .90 when .91 and .92 are right on
its heels.

Thank goodness for ClrMamePro without it I wouldn't stand a chance.

Mark

Atlanta GA