What is the most stable bios version for a GA-7VAXP?

I have an GA-7VAXP running the F5 Bios upgraded to the latest Bios F14 in
anticipation of upgrading the processor to an (ATHLON XP 3000+ 2173MHZ CPU
SOCKET A (333MHZ FSB) in the next few weeks but after the upgrade Win 2000
Pro became unstable and files and programs would say they were corrupted or
the computer would just shutdown for no apparent reason. Have re-flashed
back to F5 and all seems well again. Is this a problem with Win 2000 Pro not
liking the new bios or is it the new F14 bios? If the problem is with the
F14 bios is there a more stable version other than F5?

TIA

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:50:19 GMT, "Norwood" <norwood1964@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have an GA-7VAXP running the F5 Bios upgraded to the latest Bios F14 in
>anticipation of upgrading the processor to an (ATHLON XP 3000+ 2173MHZ CPU
>SOCKET A (333MHZ FSB) in the next few weeks but after the upgrade Win 2000
>Pro became unstable and files and programs would say they were corrupted or
>the computer would just shutdown for no apparent reason. Have re-flashed
>back to F5 and all seems well again. Is this a problem with Win 2000 Pro not
>liking the new bios or is it the new F14 bios? If the problem is with the
>F14 bios is there a more stable version other than F5?

i have been running a GA-7VAXP with a 2200+ and W2Kpro for almost a
year with F11 bios and never had any problems. i did some minor
upgrades about a month ago (new quieter case, DVD-R, etc) and took the
opportunity to flash to F14. it's still very stable after the flash. i
assume you rechecked all of the bios settings after your F14
"upgrade".

the F11 bios supports the 3000+ and i've had a year with F11 and
W2Kpro so you might try that, but then again F14 seems just fine here
too.