New BIOS for GA-8KNXP Ultra-64

All,
A new BIOS (F5) has been posted on the Gigabyte website for the GA-8KNXP
Ultra-64 motherboard.

Of interest is the fact that it is F5 not F4. The only listed change is
support for the Celeron-D CPU. WinXP detected some changes when I first
rebooted with the new BIOS, however I couldn't tell what (detected new
hardware being installed balloon). I guess F4 was a bust and they choose
not to post it. The original BIOS was F3. Does anybody know what happened to
F1 or F2?

The new BIOS does appear to be operating properly with my WinXP SP2 system.

I normally build ASUS systems; this is my first Gigabyte system. Is it
normal to wait six months for BIOS updates on new motherboards? This doesn't
boost my confidence in Gigabyte's support.

Jeff

In article <p1RUc.184962$eM2.168981@attbi_s51>, "Jeff French"
<jdfrench3@mchsi.com> wrote:
>Is it
>normal to wait six months for BIOS updates on new motherboards?
Yes, in case there is no need for changes, why should Gigabyte
release a new bios?
But when there is a good reson, bios updates will be provided very
fast.
For example, Gigabyte released several new bios files for a lot of
boards one week after official release of the new AMD Sempron CPU.
I think, this is really fast, isn't it?
Here the release dates for my K8T800 Pro:
2004/8/3
2004/5/20
2004/3/10
2004/1/13