GA-8I915P-D Pro - How Much Max Memory - 3 or 4gb?

Hey

Building a new system and was thinking about this mainboard. However, can
someone please clarify the maximum amount of DDR2 533mhz ram this will take?
Gigabyte website says 4GB but a couple of on-line stores say although the
Bios will address 4 the system will only utilize 3BG????

Was thinking of 2 lots of 1gb paired strips.

Thanks in advance.

Clippy

--

Windows / MSN Messenger: clippy@crymealiver.com
5 answers Last reply

    BTW - you are better off buying two 2X sticks, than four 1X sticks - they're just easier to make run properly; also, try to stay away from Crucial & Kingston; stick with mushkin (first choice, but pricy), or G.Skill (cheaper, and the 1066s seem to work well, too); OCZ is kinda in the middle, and in a couple weeks I can tell you more re integrating them to a GB - got a pile of 1150s cheap, and will speed bin them and install when I disassemble to change over to water cooling...
  3. ......
    ........................can someone PLEASE delete all threads prior to say...2006?
  4. Ack - never thought to look at the DATE! ;=)
  5. Hi. I knew this was an old thread but I was googling away looking or any info about whether anyone had fitted 4GB to this board (manual says 4GB, Intel 915P says 4GB , Gigabyte website and google say 2GB.
    Thanks to Bilbat - I knew about the 4GB not showing up as 4GB. The board only takes 2 DDR2s OR 2 DDRs and not 4 sticks of either so I was only looking at 2 sticks. Looks like I am running a few years behind! Actually I need some advice with a slow PIII 600 I have......
    Thanks again.

Gigabyte Memory Motherboards