The problem was discovered when I tried to install a new printer with an
installation disk. When I put the disk into the CD Rom drive, an error
message reads "Drive is not accessible due to an I/O device error."
Since then, I have tried a number of things, from uninstalling the
Samsung CD Rom drive and reinstalling, downloading I/O device drivers
from the internet, but all such acts fail on reboot because of the
error message "The application failed to initialize as the window
station is shutting down." Does anyone know if this is a simple matter
to fix?
Thanks,
Judy

--
Judy

If you have a 98 boot disk, boot from it with cd rom support. If it don't
work at this point get a new one. Also check the connections of the cables.