Print problem with Brother HL-1230

Barry

I have a little used Brother HL-1230, I guess it's only printed about 1500
A4 sheets. It's just started printing pale grey streaks behind the text
running from the top to bottom of the page and the full width. The lights on
the front do not indicate a problem with the drum or toner and I've tried
cleaning the primary corona wire to no avail. What would be the most likely
cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance for any reply

---

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Barry" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> I have a little used Brother HL-1230, I guess it's only printed about 1500
> A4 sheets. It's just started printing pale grey streaks behind the text
> running from the top to bottom of the page and the full width. The lights
on
> the front do not indicate a problem with the drum or toner and I've tried
> cleaning the primary corona wire to no avail. What would be the most
likely
> cause of the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for any reply
>

> ---

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

With my 1440 it was the Toner was almost empty. The waste toner goes back
into the cartridge once vacuumed it out, refilled it and wiped off drum it
worked fine.

Tom