Looking for Dual-Display Screensaver

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm looking for dual-display (no driver-span) aware screensavers here. The
built-in screensavers of WinXP handle more than one display very well but
not very impressive.

Does anybody know further screensavers for this purpose?

Thanks in advance because it seems to be hard to get some (Google provides
too much garbage).

This are the most impressive screensavers I've ever seen:

http://www.reallyslick.com/

But unfortunately they only work on the primary display. Perhaps we can beg
some little dual-display enhancements of the author? ;)

I found Flurry also, but it won't work on a dual-display configuration if
the right one is the primary display (because the left has negative
coordinates), so the saver only uses the right display. :(

--
cu
o.pfeiffer

ICQ# 84320006
eMail oliver.pfeiffer@gmx.net
TECHNOLOGIE - ZENTRUM INFORMATIK / UNIVERSITAET BREMEN / GERMANY
3 answers Last reply
More about looking dual display screensaver
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    those screensavers work fine if you have a program called ULTRAMON
    it does what you want and much more

    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

    there is a trail there

    "Oliver Pfeiffer" <oliver.pfeiffer@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for dual-display (no driver-span) aware screensavers here. The
    > built-in screensavers of WinXP handle more than one display very well but
    > not very impressive.
    >
    > Does anybody know further screensavers for this purpose?
    >
    > Thanks in advance because it seems to be hard to get some (Google provides
    > too much garbage).
    >

    > This are the most impressive screensavers I've ever seen:
    >
    > http://www.reallyslick.com/
    >
    > But unfortunately they only work on the primary display. Perhaps we can
    > beg
    > some little dual-display enhancements of the author? ;)
    >

    > I found Flurry also, but it won't work on a dual-display configuration if
    > the right one is the primary display (because the left has negative
    > coordinates), so the saver only uses the right display. :(
    >
    > --
    > cu
    > o.pfeiffer
    >
    > ICQ# 84320006
    > eMail oliver.pfeiffer@gmx.net
    > TECHNOLOGIE - ZENTRUM INFORMATIK / UNIVERSITAET BREMEN / GERMANY
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in

    > those screensavers work fine if you have a program called ULTRAMON
    > it does what you want and much more
    >
    > http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

    Sorry, you misunderstood my question ... I'm looking for a screensaver that
    spans over all displays (as they were one huge display). Ultramon can use
    several screensavers (one saver on each display).

    A single screensaver using all available displays looks very nice. But that
    couldn't be done by Ultramon.

    --
    cu
    o.pfeiffer

    ICQ# 84320006
    eMail oliver.pfeiffer@gmx.net
    TECHNOLOGIE - ZENTRUM INFORMATIK / UNIVERSITAET BREMEN / GERMANY
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    It's my experience some screensavers will use the whole desktop. If I
    remember right, even most of the ones that "come with" Windows.

    What usually won't work is any screensaver that uses OpenGL or DirectX (only
    uses primary display), e.g. MS's own downloadable freebie "3D XP Windows"
    and others of the same "ilk".

    I just swapped in a different 2nd pci card (Matrox Mystique) as my previous
    card (Cirrus Logic) would work as secondary under 98SE but not under XP.
    Just now back to dual-displays and haven't bothered "remembering" which work
    and which don't ... yet :)

    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> those screensavers work fine if you have a program called ULTRAMON
    >> it does what you want and much more
    >>
    >> http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
    >
    > Sorry, you misunderstood my question ... I'm looking for a screensaver
    > that
    > spans over all displays (as they were one huge display). Ultramon can use
    > several screensavers (one saver on each display).
    >
    > A single screensaver using all available displays looks very nice. But
    > that
    > couldn't be done by Ultramon.
    >
    > --
    > cu
    > o.pfeiffer
    >
    > ICQ# 84320006
    > eMail oliver.pfeiffer@gmx.net
    > TECHNOLOGIE - ZENTRUM INFORMATIK / UNIVERSITAET BREMEN / GERMANY

Screensaver Microsoft Windows XP Displays