Imported hard drives being erased by Windows XP

I am having a problem that has now occurred on two different computers. This
is something that has just recently started happening.

When I remove a hard drive that is the primary boot drive from a computer
and install it as a secondary drive in another Windows XP Pro computer, the
hard drive is detected by Windows, but Windows says the drive has not been
formatted, and all of the data is lost.

I had this happen on one computer several days ago, so I formatted and
reloaded Windows and the problem is gone. Now the exact same issue is
happening on a different computer. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Try going to run,type:diskmgmt.msc In msc,L.click on the new drive,go to
actions,all,select,make drive active.Then close-out msc