How to install Intel INF update properly?

HI!
I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't
work so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
solution?
I also don't understand those 'command line flags' mentioned in the
readme file.What exactly do I have to do to enter those commands?
2 answers Last reply
More about install intel update properly

    Glitch wrote:
    > HI!
    > I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
    > tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
    > site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't
    > work so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
    > solution?

    Yes - stick with the 5.x INFs. Or is there anything fixed/new that you
    need? AFAIK the 6.x are only necessary for i915/925-chipset boards.

    Grüße,
    Andreas

    "Glitch" <glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > HI!
    > I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
    > tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
    > site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't work
    > so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
    > solution?
    > I also don't understand those 'command line flags' mentioned in the readme
    > file.What exactly do I have to do to enter those commands?

    I know the answer to this, it's a USB issue. What i would suggest is you
    download and install SP2....a slipstream disc would be best.

    But if not, go to Microsoft and look for a download with the knowledgebase
    article KB822603.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822603

    Download here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=733dd867-56a0-4956-b7fe-e85b688b7f86&displaylang=en

    Install this before the INF files and all will be fine. Read more about the
    best way to do a fresh install here:

    http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34558

Gigabyte Motherboards