That DMI viewer utility !

Following on from "What version 8KNXP do I have ?"
the conclusion that I have a rev 2.0 board now seems less certain.

Used to browse the DMI/SMBIOS system information DMI viewer reports
the following ..
==============================
Processor family: Pentium II processor
Processor voltage: 1.4V
Ext clock: 200 MHz
Max Speed: 3600 MHz
Current Speed 2800 MHz

Base Board Information (Type 2)
Product: 8KNXP
Version: 1.x
Ser. No: blank

Bios information (Type 0)
Bios version: FB
Bios release date: 12/25/2003
==============================

I am actually using a Prescott 2.8 , have the yellow CPU mounting base
and on boot the splash screen reports BIOS FG.

Laughing now, maybe crying later.

Tim

I doubt an FB bios would run in a rev 1 motherboard... (The rev 1 boards all
have F / numeric names EG F11 is the latest). The sound wouldn't work if it
booted. Is your sound going ok?

Don't fret. There really is stuff all difference between rev 1, and rev 2
boards - the sound chip. I am not sure about the 2.1 board. Look for the
label on the board. It is usually white and on a PCI connector.

At the end of the day, the board either goes or it does not. If it goes,
then a rev 1 board will have nearly (if not) identical performance to the
most recent.

- Tim