Folders always set to read-only

Hey I need my folders in my XP to be set to archive,why do they always
set to read only,i cannot update my database evrytime I'am using html
files.I'am working with HTML codes.

Please I need a reply very soon.
Thanks...

--
humanrain

humanrain wrote:
> Hey I need my folders in my XP to be set to archive,why do they always
> set to read only,i cannot update my database evrytime I'am using html
> files.I'am working with HTML codes.
>
> Please I need a reply very soon.
> Thanks...

Not the best group for this question - m.p.windowsxp.general would be a
better one.

The read-only attribute on a folder is misleading - and isn't relevant. What
are the attributes of the files? What is the NTFS security?