Using the Microphone as a PA system

November 30, 2004 4:25:07 PM

How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer? Can
anyone help?

More about : microphone system

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 10:35:29 PM

Plug the mic into the mic input on your sound card. Then dub click the
little speaker icon at the bottom right. In the window that comes up uncheck
the box under the mic slider. If the mic slider is not their, click (same
window) options then in the drop down menu put a check in the mic box and
apply. Run the slider up and pa away.

"Klaus" <Klaus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D BF9AE5D-D2F1-412C-A60F-3352EE40A7A7@microsoft.com...
> How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer?
Can
> anyone help?
November 30, 2004 10:35:30 PM

Hi Nick, I don't see a speaker icon in the lower right hand corner. Is
therre a way to get it on there? I went to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio
devices, and looked in there but didn't see anything that might help. Thanks.

"Nick Burns" wrote:

> Plug the mic into the mic input on your sound card. Then dub click the
> little speaker icon at the bottom right. In the window that comes up uncheck
> the box under the mic slider. If the mic slider is not their, click (same
> window) options then in the drop down menu put a check in the mic box and
> apply. Run the slider up and pa away.
>

> "Klaus" <Klaus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D BF9AE5D-D2F1-412C-A60F-3352EE40A7A7@microsoft.com...
> > How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer?
> Can
> > anyone help?

Related resources
November 30, 2004 10:35:30 PM

OK, scratch that last message. I assume you mean the volume control when you
said "speaker". I double clicked it and found Volume Control, Wave, SW
Synth, and CD Audio. I clicked options and under Properties I found
Recording. That gave me the option to check or uncheck Stereo Mix, CD Audio,
and Microphone. I tried checking and unchecking those but didn't get any
response. What am I missing?

"Nick Burns" wrote:

> Plug the mic into the mic input on your sound card. Then dub click the
> little speaker icon at the bottom right. In the window that comes up uncheck
> the box under the mic slider. If the mic slider is not their, click (same
> window) options then in the drop down menu put a check in the mic box and
> apply. Run the slider up and pa away.
>

> "Klaus" <Klaus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D BF9AE5D-D2F1-412C-A60F-3352EE40A7A7@microsoft.com...
> > How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer?
> Can
> > anyone help?

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 11:05:53 PM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:25:07 -0800, Bob Horvath wrote:

Double click the speaker icon in the system tray, uncheck the
microphone in the "volume" panel, (un-mute it) and then select (check(
the mic in the recording panel.

>How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer? Can
>anyone help?
November 30, 2004 11:05:54 PM

Hi Bob, I don't see a speaker icon in my system tray. How might I get it in
there? Thanks.

"Bob Horvath" wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:25:07 -0800, Bob Horvath wrote:
>
> Double click the speaker icon in the system tray, uncheck the
> microphone in the "volume" panel, (un-mute it) and then select (check(
> the mic in the recording panel.
>

> >How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer? Can
> >anyone help?

November 30, 2004 11:05:54 PM

OK, scratch that last message. I assume the speaker you mean is the volume
control speaker. I double clicked it but it didn't give me an option to
check or uncheck a microphone. I only have Volume Control, Wave, SW Synth,
and CD Audio. Under Options, Properties I clicked Recording and it gave me
an option for stereo mix, CD Audio, and Microphone. Checking or unchecking
any of those doesn't seem to make a difference with the microphone. What am
I missing?

"Bob Horvath" wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:25:07 -0800, Bob Horvath wrote:
>
> Double click the speaker icon in the system tray, uncheck the
> microphone in the "volume" panel, (un-mute it) and then select (check(
> the mic in the recording panel.
>

> >How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer? Can
> >anyone help?

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 1:45:38 AM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:35:04 -0800, Bob Horvath wrote:

When you get to the mixer panel, OPTIONS, PROPERTIES, click on the
"recording" button and select microphone, make sure the slider is up,
and then make sure it is NOT "muted" in the main panel.

>OK, scratch that last message. I assume the speaker you mean is the volume
>control speaker. I double clicked it but it didn't give me an option to
>check or uncheck a microphone. I only have Volume Control, Wave, SW Synth,
>and CD Audio. Under Options, Properties I clicked Recording and it gave me
>an option for stereo mix, CD Audio, and Microphone. Checking or unchecking
>any of those doesn't seem to make a difference with the microphone. What am
>I missing?
>
>"Bob Horvath" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:25:07 -0800, Bob Horvath wrote:
>>
>> Double click the speaker icon in the system tray, uncheck the
>> microphone in the "volume" panel, (un-mute it) and then select (check(
>> the mic in the recording panel.
>>

>> >How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer? Can
>> >anyone help?

December 1, 2004 11:26:14 AM

Klaus wrote:
> OK, scratch that last message. I assume the speaker you mean is the volume
> control speaker. I double clicked it but it didn't give me an option to
> check or uncheck a microphone. I only have Volume Control, Wave, SW Synth,
> and CD Audio. Under Options, Properties I clicked Recording and it gave me
> an option for stereo mix, CD Audio, and Microphone. Checking or unchecking
> any of those doesn't seem to make a difference with the microphone. What am
> I missing?
>
> "Bob Horvath" wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:25:07 -0800, Bob Horvath wrote:
>>
>>Double click the speaker icon in the system tray, uncheck the
>>microphone in the "volume" panel, (un-mute it) and then select (check(
>>the mic in the recording panel.
>>

>>>How do I use my microphone to talk through my speakers on my computer? Can
>>>anyone help?

Options > Properties, there should be a window at the bottom that
allows you to check/uncheck various audio sources. Microphone should
be one option. Microphone should be selected, unmuted and volume
slider turned up on both the Recording and the Playback lists.

Good luck, jimbo
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 10:36:00 PM

For PA you would use the mic volume slider instead of mic record.

!