Creative Audigy and WIndows XP problem

Hi,
I am having a problem trying to install my audigy sound card onto my
computer. Windows XP auto installs it as a " Creative Audigy Audio Processor
(WDM) . When I try to install the card with the Creative software CD I get a
message stating that "Setup could not detect any sound blaster audigy on
your system. Please ensure that your sound blaster hardware is properly
installed before running this setup program. Setup will exit now"
I have tried everything from re installing it, removing the card/drivers
to trying a different PCI slot to reformatting my computer. I have installed
this card several times in the past and I have never seen anything like this.
I can't think of anything else to do. Could the card be bad even tho Windows
installs it and I still have sound through it?

Thanks

I may be recalling incorrectly, but doesn't Creative insist on installing
the software off the CD first, then the card?

"McDill" <McDill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am having a problem trying to install my audigy sound card onto my
> computer. Windows XP auto installs it as a " Creative Audigy Audio
Processor
> (WDM) . When I try to install the card with the Creative software CD I get
> message stating that "Setup could not detect any sound blaster audigy on
> your system. Please ensure that your sound blaster hardware is properly
> installed before running this setup program. Setup will exit now"
> I have tried everything from re installing it, removing the card/drivers
> to trying a different PCI slot to reformatting my computer. I have
installed
> this card several times in the past and I have never seen anything like
this.
> I can't think of anything else to do. Could the card be bad even tho
Windows
> installs it and I still have sound through it?
>
> Thanks

Nope, if the Creative software doesn't detect the correct hardware already
installed on the computer it will not install it's drivers or any other
Creative software having to do with the card, hence my problem.