my computer ( DELL) uses windows (XP) and it is saying i have low memory on
the quick launch bar i know about computers but not all of the technical
prigraming stuff
i would really appreciate it if someone could help.

http://www.answers.vt.edu/ask4help/desktop/vtkb1550.htm

Check out the above link.

"Speed Racer Z <------ guy" <Speed Racer Z <------
guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my computer ( DELL) uses windows (XP) and it is saying i have low memory
on
> the quick launch bar i know about computers but not all of the technical
> prigraming stuff
> i would really appreciate it if someone could help.

"Speed Racer Z <------ guy" <Speed Racer Z <------
guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>my computer ( DELL) uses windows (XP) and it is saying i have low memory on
>the quick launch bar i know about computers but not all of the technical
>prigraming stuff
>i would really appreciate it if someone could help.

Is it saying "Low memory" or is it referring to "virtual memory"?

When seeking assistance with a problem of this sort it is imperative
to provide the complete *verbatim* text of the error message(s)
including any and all parameter values.

See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for additional advice and tips.

And if your error message was about "virtual memory" then you might
find the following web page of some assistance, especially the section
dealing with problems: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

Good luck

Good luck
Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

domino

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2004

i have problems with my memory.when itry to go on t a certain game site
whenever i load the games it comes back as an error message "not enough
memory available"

explanation--Your browser does not have enough free memory to run the game.

The game applet requires approximately 3MB of free memory to run, in
addition to your browser's normal memory requirements.

what can i do to change this.i don't understand because i just reformatted
my computer and reinstalled winodws xp so i don't have alot of programs on my
computer
i have 512mb
please help

It could be a virtual memory setting, see

"domino" <cdomino36@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
|i have problems with my memory.when itry to go on t a
certain game site
| whenever i load the games it comes back as an error
message "not enough
| memory available"
|
| explanation--Your browser does not have enough free memory
to run the game.

| The game applet requires approximately 3MB of free memory
to run, in
| addition to your browser's normal memory requirements.
|
| what can i do to change this.i don't understand because i
just reformatted
| my computer and reinstalled winodws xp so i don't have
alot of programs on my
| computer
| i have 512mb
| please help

domino

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2004

i tried to do what was written but i guess i'm doing something wrong.it just
doesn't work.is there an easier way to understand this.also is there a place
where i can change the virtual memory setting to 3gb instead of 1.75gb

|i tried to do what was written but i guess i'm doing
something wrong.it just
| doesn't work.is there an easier way to understand
this.also is there a place
| where i can change the virtual memory setting to 3gb
instead of 1.75gb

| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > It could be a virtual memory setting, see
| > http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm
| >

| > --
| >

| > "domino" <cdomino36@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in
message

| > |i have problems with my memory.when itry to go on t a
| > certain game site
| > | whenever i load the games it comes back as an error
| > message "not enough
| > | memory available"
| > |
| > | explanation--Your browser does not have enough free
memory
| > to run the game.
| > |