Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2) discontinued!!!??

Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
Quantity Limited
This is an Discontinued Product

Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
passed me by <g>

Do you think they scrubbed it in favor of the 8ANXP with the new chip set.
There isn't a lot point in having two boards that close in features when the
939 pin part fom AMD is the clear winner.
JPS

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:34:24 GMT, "jpsga" <knowone@comcast.net> wrote:

>Do you think they scrubbed it in favor of the 8ANXP with the new chip set.
>There isn't a lot point in having two boards that close in features when the
>939 pin part fom AMD is the clear winner.
>JPS
>
>"Alan Howard" <alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
>> Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
>> Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
>> Quantity Limited
>> This is an Discontinued Product
>>
>> Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
>> passed me by <g>

Don't know much about AMD processors or their various sockets and
etc...

I don't really need to get near the cutting edge of technology and
would still like to use my excellent Matrox AGP card (don't do games
or need advanced 3d). If I wanted to go in the AMD direction what
should I be looking for? (By the way a precept of my religion is that
a processor should cost about $200+- <g>)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:33:27 GMT, Alan Howard <alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
>Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
>Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
>Quantity Limited
>This is an Discontinued Product
>
>Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
>passed me by <g>

No it been replaced with the 64 one..

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:33:27 GMT, Alan Howard <alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
>Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
>Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
>Quantity Limited
>This is an Discontinued Product
>
>Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
>passed me by <g>

Very normal policy, all mobo's only have a 1 year life span, added by Intels
stupidity of changing the CPU socket every week..