Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2) discontinued!!!??

Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
Quantity Limited
This is an Discontinued Product

Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
passed me by <g>
4 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte 8knxp discontinued

    Do you think they scrubbed it in favor of the 8ANXP with the new chip set.
    There isn't a lot point in having two boards that close in features when the
    939 pin part fom AMD is the clear winner.
    JPS

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:34:24 GMT, "jpsga" <knowone@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Do you think they scrubbed it in favor of the 8ANXP with the new chip set.
    >There isn't a lot point in having two boards that close in features when the
    >939 pin part fom AMD is the clear winner.
    >JPS
    >
    >"Alan Howard" <alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
    >> Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
    >> Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
    >> Quantity Limited
    >> This is an Discontinued Product
    >>
    >> Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
    >> passed me by <g>

    Don't know much about AMD processors or their various sockets and
    etc...

    I don't really need to get near the cutting edge of technology and
    would still like to use my excellent Matrox AGP card (don't do games
    or need advanced 3d). If I wanted to go in the AMD direction what
    should I be looking for? (By the way a precept of my religion is that
    a processor should cost about $200+- <g>)

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:33:27 GMT, Alan Howard <alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
    >Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
    >Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
    >Quantity Limited
    >This is an Discontinued Product
    >
    >Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
    >passed me by <g>

    No it been replaced with the 64 one..
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:33:27 GMT, Alan Howard <alanhoward9@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Stock seem to have disappeared at NewEgg and others
    >Monarchcomputers.com has only refurbished and states:
    >Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (REV. 2)
    >Quantity Limited
    >This is an Discontinued Product
    >
    >Been thinking about getting one of these -- guess the parade has
    >passed me by <g>

    Very normal policy, all mobo's only have a 1 year life span, added by Intels
    stupidity of changing the CPU socket every week..

Gigabyte Motherboards