standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel po..

I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?

I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it into,
So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or parallel
port.

My System is:
Time Computer System
O.S Windows XP Home Ed
2.2 Athlon xp
1Gb ram
Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!

TIA
Regards
Simon
2 answers Last reply
More about standard game port joystick parallel

    "Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
    > standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?
    No.
    The gameport, is quite complex. Has a couple of AD converters, and a
    serial interface all built in.

    > I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it
    into,
    > So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or
    parallel
    > port.
    >
    > My System is:
    > Time Computer System
    > O.S Windows XP Home Ed
    > 2.2 Athlon xp
    > 1Gb ram
    > Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!
    You can get USB to gameport adapter cables, that allow a standard joystick
    to connect to a USB port. Cheapest, and easiest route to go. Look at:
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sitecom_USB_to_Gameport__5433169
    for a typical example.

    Best Wishes

    Ok ill go with that then, it looks the easiest way to do the job and its a
    good price.

    Thanks for taking the time to give me this info i appreciate it.
    Kind Regards
    Simon

    "Roger Hamlett" <rogerspamignored@ttelmah.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
    >> standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?
    > No.
    > The gameport, is quite complex. Has a couple of AD converters, and a
    > serial interface all built in.
    >
    >> I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it
    > into,
    >> So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or
    > parallel
    >> port.
    >>
    >> My System is:
    >> Time Computer System
    >> O.S Windows XP Home Ed
    >> 2.2 Athlon xp
    >> 1Gb ram
    >> Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!
    > You can get USB to gameport adapter cables, that allow a standard joystick
    > to connect to a USB port. Cheapest, and easiest route to go. Look at:
    > http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sitecom_USB_to_Gameport__5433169
    > for a typical example.
    >
    > Best Wishes

Gigabyte Joystick Games Motherboards