Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel po..

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 31, 2004 11:50:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?


I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it into,
So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or parallel
port.

My System is:
Time Computer System
O.S Windows XP Home Ed
2.2 Athlon xp
1Gb ram
Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!

TIA
Regards
Simon
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 1, 2004 12:33:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

"Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:ch2kql$155$3@sparta.btinternet.com...
> I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
> standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?
No.
The gameport, is quite complex. Has a couple of AD converters, and a
serial interface all built in.

> I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it
into,
> So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or
parallel
> port.
>
> My System is:
> Time Computer System
> O.S Windows XP Home Ed
> 2.2 Athlon xp
> 1Gb ram
> Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!
You can get USB to gameport adapter cables, that allow a standard joystick
to connect to a USB port. Cheapest, and easiest route to go. Look at:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sitecom_USB_to_Gameport__5433169
for a typical example.

Best Wishes
September 1, 2004 2:17:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

Ok ill go with that then, it looks the easiest way to do the job and its a
good price.

Thanks for taking the time to give me this info i appreciate it.
Kind Regards
Simon

"Roger Hamlett" <rogerspamignored@ttelmah.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:yg5Zc.557$335.466@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
>
> "Simon" <si.chilcott@NOSPAMMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:ch2kql$155$3@sparta.btinternet.com...
>> I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
>> standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?
> No.
> The gameport, is quite complex. Has a couple of AD converters, and a
> serial interface all built in.
>
>> I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it
> into,
>> So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or
> parallel
>> port.
>>
>> My System is:
>> Time Computer System
>> O.S Windows XP Home Ed
>> 2.2 Athlon xp
>> 1Gb ram
>> Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!
> You can get USB to gameport adapter cables, that allow a standard joystick
> to connect to a USB port. Cheapest, and easiest route to go. Look at:
> http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sitecom_USB_to_Gameport__5433169
> for a typical example.
>
> Best Wishes
>
>
!