What In The Hell Is A I/o Device Error!?

I live in the UK, bought some DVDs from America (real ones - no copies),
all the DVDs in the box set work except for 1 - message comes up saying
'I/O device error' - what is it? What can I do about it? Thanks

--
localboy

Different region. Won't work unless in a player specific to the region
coding on the disk.

localboy wrote:
> I live in the UK, bought some DVDs from America (real ones - no
> copies), all the DVDs in the box set work except for 1 - message
> comes up saying 'I/O device error' - what is it? What can I do about
> it? Thanks

Does it play in another computer?

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:38:15 +0000, localboy
<localboy.1gk6t0@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>I live in the UK, bought some DVDs from America (real ones - no copies),
>all the DVDs in the box set work except for 1 - message comes up saying
>'I/O device error' - what is it? What can I do about it? Thanks

An "I/O device error" means that there is something wrong with the DVD
you are trying to access -- bad block/sector or something. The
computer probably had a read error or something when it attempted to
access the DVD.

Donald L McDaniel
Please post to the original group,
and keep the original thread intact