Problem with Quicktime files and IDE ports 1 & 2 on GA-7N4..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 1, 2004 3:13:33 AM

I've been chasing my ass on this for better than two weeks and I
finally pinpointed where this is coming from but can't figure out how
to fix it.

If I attempt to play any Quicktime .mov files that are saved on any
drive that is on IDE 1 or 2 cable, it will crash the Quicktime
program. This happens on either of my two hard drives or my two CD
drives. If I copy that same .mov file over to a 3rd drive that is
connected to the IDE 3 cable, it plays fine. These are new drives and
new cables.

Athlon 2800
Rev 1 board F10 bios
784meg ram
300 watt P.S.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fred
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 2, 2004 5:49:10 AM

Turns out the latest Nvidia chipset drivers on Gigabytes website
aren't the latest.

I emailed Gigabyte and they sent me to Nvidia. The Nvidia drivers
fixed the problem.

Fred.

!