Problem with Quicktime files and IDE ports 1 & 2 on GA-7N4..

I've been chasing my ass on this for better than two weeks and I
finally pinpointed where this is coming from but can't figure out how
to fix it.

If I attempt to play any Quicktime .mov files that are saved on any
drive that is on IDE 1 or 2 cable, it will crash the Quicktime
program. This happens on either of my two hard drives or my two CD
drives. If I copy that same .mov file over to a 3rd drive that is
connected to the IDE 3 cable, it plays fine. These are new drives and
new cables.

Athlon 2800
Rev 1 board F10 bios
784meg ram
300 watt P.S.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fred
1 answer Last reply
More about problem quicktime files ports

    Turns out the latest Nvidia chipset drivers on Gigabytes website
    aren't the latest.

    I emailed Gigabyte and they sent me to Nvidia. The Nvidia drivers
    fixed the problem.

    Fred.

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:13:33 GMT, FredEX <fredex@tx.rr.com> wrote:

    >I've been chasing my ass on this for better than two weeks and I
    >finally pinpointed where this is coming from but can't figure out how
    >to fix it.
    >
    >If I attempt to play any Quicktime .mov files that are saved on any
    >drive that is on IDE 1 or 2 cable, it will crash the Quicktime
    >program. This happens on either of my two hard drives or my two CD
    >drives. If I copy that same .mov file over to a 3rd drive that is
    >connected to the IDE 3 cable, it plays fine. These are new drives and
    >new cables.
    >
    >Athlon 2800
    >Rev 1 board F10 bios
    >784meg ram