any big benefit from updating my ga-7n400 pro2 v.2 BIOS from FF to
FH?? how important is it to keep the BIOS up to date for the sake of
having the most current version even if the listed changes don't apply
to what i am doing or need?

GolfNut wrote:

>any big benefit from updating my ga-7n400 pro2 v.2 BIOS from FF to
>FH?? how important is it to keep the BIOS up to date for the sake of
>having the most current version even if the listed changes don't apply
>to what i am doing or need?

I've recently had problems installing memory in my GA-7VRXP (see the
thread "GA-7VRXP Memory problems") and as part of the investigation I
temporarily updated my BIOS.

I found the new BIOS to be unreliable and reverted back to the old one
in very short order.

My point being, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". As long as you have
satisfactory performance from your board and not experiencing problems
that you could expect a BIOS upgrade to resolve, then why bother doing
so? Save your time and attention for more pressing issues.

--

Simon Elliott