Sign in with
Your question

Razer Barracuda AC-1 in Win 7 64

Last response: in Windows 7
February 23, 2009 3:01:29 AM

I haven't been able to get the Vista 64 drivers to work for my Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card. I didn't know about the driver signing conflict, and tried to install. When the OS kicked it out, I tried to find a way to disable driver signing. While I appear to have stopped the check, uninstalling and installing the drivers is still not working. I seem to have the drivers permanently flagged by Win 7 as unsigned.

Does anyone have any recommendations for trying to get my card working?

More about : razer barracuda win

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 23, 2009 1:42:08 PM

Unpack the drivers to a folder. Then go into Device Manager in 7, use the 'have disc' option to point 7 at the folder conaining the unzipped file, and let 7 do the install.
m
l
February 23, 2009 4:07:03 PM

I think you're missing the point. For both the efforts I've used to turn off device driver signing, installing the drivers shows them unsigned. I'm thinking there is a flag in my registry that has already defined that driver as unsigned and I am unsure how I can unflag it.

In other words, if I could wipe the slate clean, disable device driver signing, then install them, I think I'd be ok. But as it stands now, every time I try to install them, even from the method you described, it's still declaring them unsigned.
m
l
Related resources
August 12, 2009 5:15:47 PM

I had the same problem and I banged my head against a wall for hours until I realized I wasn't paying attention to detail.

When you uninstall the Barracuda using Device Manager, remember to click the checkbox that says "delete the driver software for this device". Doh!

After that, I turned on compatability mode for "Setup.exe" and ran the normal installer. Worked like a charm!
m
l
August 12, 2009 5:18:04 PM

Did you have to turn off device driver signing?
m
l
August 19, 2009 7:54:07 AM

I turned off driver signing after messing it up the first time. I didn't turn it back on before trying after I got the mess cleaned up, so I don't know if its necessary or not.
m
l
August 20, 2009 5:19:38 AM

I ended up switching to the RC, so I started with a clean slate and did the Vista install with driver signing off.

It worked fine, but I'm not getting the slider for Mic Boost on my recording devices for the AC-1 microphone. Since I'm using the HP-1 headphones, the mic is a tiny thing and it needs lots of help. Have you run into this problem?
m
l
August 31, 2009 3:05:29 PM

Doesn't look like it. I have a mic boost checkbox and a volume slider for the microphone. People can hear me just fine when I talk in Ventrilo. I'm using HP-1 as well.
m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2009 4:35:05 AM

Right click on setup then click properties then compatibility check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" scroll down click on vista. Thats what i did for windows 7 ultimate works perfectly.
m
l
!