IDE drivers Nvidia v. Standard

i've having lots of cd-rom read problems leading to freezes. i toggled rom
drives, ide configuration (master/lave) and nforce/gigaraid channels.
nothing worked. i reverted to the old Microsoft standard dual IDE driver and
the problem is gone.

anybody know of issues with Nvidia IDE drivers?

what do you use?

Hevey Cleckley wrote:

> i've having lots of cd-rom read problems leading to freezes. i toggled rom
> drives, ide configuration (master/lave) and nforce/gigaraid channels.
> nothing worked. i reverted to the old Microsoft standard dual IDE driver and
> the problem is gone.
>
> anybody know of issues with Nvidia IDE drivers?
>
> what do you use?

What version of Windows are you running? I've noticed that my CD-ROM
is acting flakey under Win2k3 with the brand new MB, but the WinME
installation on the same system (different partition) has no issues
whatsoever with the Nvidia drivers...

Ryan

i'm using WinXP SP2
I have 2 WD120's (each as a master on IDE0 and IDE1) with a NU-DVD-rw slave
on IDE1

i unsinstalled SP2 and problems persisted but who knows what the
installation did.

ga7n400-pro, 4x256 kingstonX, EVGA-6800gt, barton 3200, no-overclocks
anywhere

"Ryan J. Paque" <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message

> Hevey Cleckley wrote:
>
>> i've having lots of cd-rom read problems leading to freezes. i toggled
>> rom drives, ide configuration (master/lave) and nforce/gigaraid channels.
>> nothing worked. i reverted to the old Microsoft standard dual IDE driver
>> and the problem is gone.
>>
>> anybody know of issues with Nvidia IDE drivers?
>>
>> what do you use?
>
> What version of Windows are you running? I've noticed that my CD-ROM is
> acting flakey under Win2k3 with the brand new MB, but the WinME
> installation on the same system (different partition) has no issues
> whatsoever with the Nvidia drivers...
>
> Ryan

tx

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2004

Try using the NVIDIA drivers, reboot and selecting Multi-Word DMA 2 in
the Device Manager settings for the IDE controller and reboot again.