HELP with my Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Systemboard please

Does anybody have any experience with the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Systemboard, I
am having prolems getting it to start. I Think I have the basics, to start
it must have a CPU, Ram and Video card. The RAM is new, and the CPU is new.
Howerver my video card doesn't seem to want to work. It is a nvidia Geforce
MX 400, it has 2 notches on it, I assume it means 2X or 4X, is it possible
it will not run on my board ? the manual sais 4X or 8X and will only run
1.5Volt cards. Any input would be appreciated. Rich
3 answers Last reply
More about help gigabyte 7vaxp systemboard please

    Rich Parent wrote:
    > Does anybody have any experience with the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Systemboard, I
    > am having prolems getting it to start. I Think I have the basics, to start
    > it must have a CPU, Ram and Video card. The RAM is new, and the CPU is new.
    > Howerver my video card doesn't seem to want to work. It is a nvidia Geforce
    > MX 400, it has 2 notches on it, I assume it means 2X or 4X, is it possible
    > it will not run on my board ? the manual sais 4X or 8X and will only run
    > 1.5Volt cards. Any input would be appreciated. Rich

    Does it also have a secondary power cable going to the motherboard with
    12v cable?.
    Took me a while to work that out with my new GA7N400 mobo which
    everything turned on but just black screen and one beep.

    "TX" <noreply@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > Rich Parent wrote:
    >> Does anybody have any experience with the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Systemboard,
    >> am having prolems getting it to start. I Think I have the basics, to
    >> start
    >> it must have a CPU, Ram and Video card. The RAM is new, and the CPU is
    >> new.
    >> Howerver my video card doesn't seem to want to work. It is a nvidia
    >> Geforce
    >> MX 400, it has 2 notches on it, I assume it means 2X or 4X, is it
    >> possible
    >> it will not run on my board ? the manual sais 4X or 8X and will only run
    >> 1.5Volt cards. Any input would be appreciated. Rich
    >>

    > Does it also have a secondary power cable going to the motherboard with
    > 12v cable?.
    > Took me a while to work that out with my new GA7N400 mobo which everything
    > turned on but just black screen and one beep.

    Simply put, it's not powering up. I think the problem is that my board
    doesn't support my chip (new AMD Duron 1800) without the bios upgrade.
    Since, the board is not powering up, I have no way of updating the bios, so
    I need a smaller AMD chip, although unless I can find a easier solution, I
    have to take the computer on the bus out to Colwood, the guy who owns DTI
    Computers will update it for free. I'm not getting any error beeps without
    the vid card, nonetheless somebody in Oak Bay is going to sell me a PCI card
    for $5, I will use it just for testing, just to confirm my GeForce MX 400
    actually works with my board.

    Anyways, any input is appreciated. ciao

    Make sure the cpu speed DIP switches are set correctly for the processor

    --

    Regards
    Martin

    "Rich Parent" <rich2112@telus.net> wrote in message

    > "TX" <noreply@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Rich Parent wrote:
    > >> Does anybody have any experience with the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
    Systemboard,
    > >> am having prolems getting it to start. I Think I have the basics, to
    > >> start
    > >> it must have a CPU, Ram and Video card. The RAM is new, and the CPU is
    > >> new.
    > >> Howerver my video card doesn't seem to want to work. It is a nvidia
    > >> Geforce
    > >> MX 400, it has 2 notches on it, I assume it means 2X or 4X, is it
    > >> possible
    > >> it will not run on my board ? the manual sais 4X or 8X and will only
    run
    > >> 1.5Volt cards. Any input would be appreciated. Rich
    > >>

    > > Does it also have a secondary power cable going to the motherboard with
    > > 12v cable?.
    > > Took me a while to work that out with my new GA7N400 mobo which
    everything
    > > turned on but just black screen and one beep.
    >
    > Simply put, it's not powering up. I think the problem is that my board
    > doesn't support my chip (new AMD Duron 1800) without the bios upgrade.
    > Since, the board is not powering up, I have no way of updating the bios,
    so
    > I need a smaller AMD chip, although unless I can find a easier solution, I
    > have to take the computer on the bus out to Colwood, the guy who owns DTI
    > Computers will update it for free. I'm not getting any error beeps without
    > the vid card, nonetheless somebody in Oak Bay is going to sell me a PCI
    card
    > for $5, I will use it just for testing, just to confirm my GeForce MX 400
    > actually works with my board.
    >
    > Anyways, any input is appreciated. ciao

Gigabyte Graphics Cards CPUs Motherboards