Need GA-6VA7+ pin-outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently got a hold of a GA-6VA7+ to put in an older AT tower case. I
didn't realize that Gigabyte doens't use pin headers for USB & PS/2 mice
interfaces like everyone else. The user manual gives the pinouts for the
USB header but does not give the pin out for the PS/2 mouse interface. If
anyone can give me those pinouts that would save a lot of time and
headache.

FYI: Most PS/2 mouse headers are 1x5 or 2x4 blocks. The Giga connector
is 1x4.

So if anyone has comprehensive pinouts on this motherboard I'd really
appreciate getting them.

Thanks,

Kim Sommer

P.S. Gig'as tech support has not answered my questions
--
-------
"Even the rabbits inhibit their habits on Sunday in Cicero Falls" - EY Harburg.

Never mind. Me, my multimeter, and a sacrifical USB-PS/2 mouse figured it
all out last night.

Kim

In article <chl6c8$5cq$1@mayhem.kiva.net>,
Kim A. Sommer <kasommer@mayhem.kiva.net> wrote:
>I recently got a hold of a GA-6VA7+ to put in an older AT tower case. I
>didn't realize that Gigabyte doens't use pin headers for USB & PS/2 mice
>interfaces like everyone else. The user manual gives the pinouts for the
>USB header but does not give the pin out for the PS/2 mouse interface. If

--
-------
"Even the rabbits inhibit their habits on Sunday in Cicero Falls" - EY Harburg.

Would this have helped?
http://www.networktechinc.com/technote.html

--

Vu.

"Kim A. Sommer" <kasommer@mayhem.kiva.net> wrote in message
> Never mind. Me, my multimeter, and a sacrifical USB-PS/2 mouse figured it
> all out last night.
>
> Kim
>
> In article <chl6c8$5cq$1@mayhem.kiva.net>,
> Kim A. Sommer <kasommer@mayhem.kiva.net> wrote:
> >I recently got a hold of a GA-6VA7+ to put in an older AT tower case. I
> >didn't realize that Gigabyte doens't use pin headers for USB & PS/2 mice
> >interfaces like everyone else. The user manual gives the pinouts for the
> >USB header but does not give the pin out for the PS/2 mouse interface.
If

> --
> -------
> "Even the rabbits inhibit their habits on Sunday in Cicero Falls" - EY
Harburg.

tj2

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
For those who might need this later, the PS/2 mouse header pinout on the GA-6VA7+ is as follows:

Pin 1 Vcc (+5 V)
Pin 2 Ground
Pin 3 Mouse data
Pin 4 Mouse clock

This can be determined by experimentation. First look for which pin is connected to the ground pin on the ATX connector by using an ohmmeter. Then look for which pin is connected to the +5 V on the ATX connector. The resistance might not be zero, but shouldn't be large. Finally, try connecting the mouse data and clock on one way or the other on the remaining two pins and see which way works. It is safe to connect the two pins, mouse data and mouse clock, the wrong way.