Fingerprint reader

I purchased a fingerprint reader and I can not get the software to work. The
device installs and is recognized but it will not register the prints. I have
reinstalled with nothing running in the background and also unplugged all usb
devices but I still get the error message "

User Console
Error Catastrophic failure Suspect installation error.

I am running XP Pro with a SATA raid and also an IDE array. I have 1 gb of
ram and 900 gbs of hard drive space.
This divice works on 3 other machines but not the one I want it to work on.
Thanks ranchercliff
2 answers Last reply
More about fingerprint reader

    ranchercliff wrote:
    > I purchased a fingerprint reader and I can not get the software to work. The
    > device installs and is recognized but it will not register the prints. I have
    > reinstalled with nothing running in the background and also unplugged all usb
    > devices but I still get the error message "
    >
    > User Console
    > Error Catastrophic failure Suspect installation error.
    >
    > I am running XP Pro with a SATA raid and also an IDE array. I have 1 gb of
    > ram and 900 gbs of hard drive space.
    > This divice works on 3 other machines but not the one I want it to work on.
    > Thanks ranchercliff

    And what does the manufacturer of the software have to say about their
    product's problems?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    If the same device runs on all the other computers I would suspect the
    USB port or more likely USB drivers. Try another USB port or even a
    PCI USB card but first check if there are other drivers for your built
    in ports.

    BTW, I have one computer with new ASUS MB that will crash when I plug
    an external HDD into one of the ports, but not another (both 2.0 with
    same drivers!)

    Peter

    On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:01:04 -0800, ranchercliff
    <ranchercliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I purchased a fingerprint reader and I can not get the software to work. The
    >device installs and is recognized but it will not register the prints. I have
    >reinstalled with nothing running in the background and also unplugged all usb
    >devices but I still get the error message "
    >
    >User Console
    >Error Catastrophic failure Suspect installation error.
    >
    >I am running XP Pro with a SATA raid and also an IDE array. I have 1 gb of
    >ram and 900 gbs of hard drive space.
    >This divice works on 3 other machines but not the one I want it to work on.
    >Thanks ranchercliff

Windows XP