Can not Format HD

I'm trying to install XP with SP1a (also tried XP with SP2) and I'm getting
a bunch of errors

Sometimes it tells me that XP can not format the drive in a new partition
and if it gets past this point then it fails to copy some of the files.

I have ran a Low Level format on the drive and extensive diagnostic tests
which have not found any problems.

Any ideas please.

--
Michael Tissington
http://www.oaklodge.com

Never mind - turned out to be bad memory

--
Michael Tissington
http://www.oaklodge.com

"Michael Tissington" <michael@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install XP with SP1a (also tried XP with SP2) and I'm
> getting a bunch of errors
>
> Sometimes it tells me that XP can not format the drive in a new partition
> and if it gets past this point then it fails to copy some of the files.
>
> I have ran a Low Level format on the drive and extensive diagnostic tests
> which have not found any problems.
>
> Any ideas please.
>
> --
> Michael Tissington
> http://www.oaklodge.com
> http://www.tabtag.com

I got your answer. Everytime I have installed an xp update or new copy I have
had the same variety of problems. The answer for me is. Everytime I do it
this way. Format the HD to fat 32. Then start installation. When xp asks what
format you want during installation tell the "old" boy to format it in ntfs.
That works for me where as starting out with ntfs puts a variety of screws in
the uploading process. This also works if you are manually loading, by
copying the i386 files manually. Any other questions re: this give me a yell.
PCMEDIATORS.COM (feedback) or dr_drumm@pcmediators.com

TRENDING THREADS