GA-7N400 Pro 2 CPU temperature issues

I've had this m'board for a few months and every CPU i have tried
(2500 barton, 2600throughbread and barton, 2400throughbread) in it
runs around 48-52C idle and 56C full load. I have been using a very
good HSF so i dont think there's a prob there.

Other m'boards i've tried the same processors on they run from 36-40C
I've tried flashing the bios to newer versions but it doesn't seem to
make any difference in temps

Any ideas wot is wrong?

cheers
1 answer Last reply
More about 7n400 temperature issues

    "amberzonia" <amberzonia@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > I've had this m'board for a few months and every CPU i have tried
    > (2500 barton, 2600throughbread and barton, 2400throughbread) in it
    > runs around 48-52C idle and 56C full load. I have been using a very
    > good HSF so i dont think there's a prob there.
    >
    > Other m'boards i've tried the same processors on they run from 36-40C
    > I've tried flashing the bios to newer versions but it doesn't seem to
    > make any difference in temps
    >
    > Any ideas wot is wrong?
    >
    > cheers

    I don't see anything wrong. Your 40° below the max temp.
    I don't know what you were measuring and how you measuring when you got the
    2500 Barton to run at 36° to 40°C.
    You could pick a CPU temp that would make you happy and work towards that
    temp by changing the CPU environment.
    HG

Gigabyte CPUs Temperature Motherboards