Video problem with command-line MAME

I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying to
set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when I
play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?
5 answers Last reply
More about video problem command line mame

    MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:

    > I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying to
    > set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when I
    > play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
    > concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?

    That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?

    May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?
    --
    By(e) Andreas

    "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
    > MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:
    >>
    >> I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying
    >> set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when
    >> play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
    >> concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?
    >
    > That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?
    >
    > May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?

    Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
    resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.

    > --
    > By(e) Andreas
    > Old school arcade classics at
    > http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
    > Linux without installation?
    > http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
    > OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader
    > http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    > Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter
    > http://counter.li.org/

    MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:

    > "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
    >> MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:
    >>>
    >>> I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying
    >>> set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when
    >>> play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
    >>> concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?
    >>
    >> That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?
    >>
    >> May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?
    >
    > Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
    > resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.

    There's a readme.txt shipped with MAME. It explains some command line
    option you mightwant to play it.

    So "mame.exe defender -option parameter"

    >> --
    >> By(e) Andreas
    >> Old school arcade classics at
    >> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
    >> Linux without installation?
    >> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
    >> OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader
    >> http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    >> Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter
    >> http://counter.li.org/

    Iiiiiiiiiiik.
    --

    > MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:
    >>
    >> "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message

    >>> That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?
    >>>
    >>> May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?
    >>
    >> Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
    >> resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.
    >
    > There's a readme.txt shipped with MAME. It explains some command line
    > option you mightwant to play it.
    >
    > So "mame.exe defender -option parameter"

    How will this work in conjunction with Mamewah though?

    * MikeC wrote in alt.games.mame:

    > "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
    >> MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:

    [...]

    >>> Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
    >>> resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.

    >> There's a readme.txt shipped with MAME. It explains some command line
    >> option you mightwant to play it.

    >> So "mame.exe defender -option parameter"

    > How will this work in conjunction with Mamewah though?

    Many of the options have equivalent entries in the MAME.ini file.

    --
    David
    The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.

Games Video Command Line Video Games