Video problem with command-line MAME

Mikec

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying to
set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when I
play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?

MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:

> I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying to
> set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when I
> play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
> concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?

That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?

May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?
--
By(e) Andreas

Mikec

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

"Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
> MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:
>>
>> I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying
>> set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when
>> play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
>> concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?
>
> That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?
>
> May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?

Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.

> --
> By(e) Andreas
> Old school arcade classics at
> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
> Linux without installation?
> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
> OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader
> http://xnews.newsguy.com/
> Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter
> http://counter.li.org/

MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:

> "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
>> MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:
>>>
>>> I'm new to the command-line version, I usually use Mame32 but I'm trying
>>> set up my cab with Mamewah. Anyways, it seems to be working except when
>>> play a game, the screen is distorted. The sides of the image are all
>>> concave (or convex, I don't remember which is which). How do I fix this?
>>
>> That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?
>>
>> May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?
>
> Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
> resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.

There's a readme.txt shipped with MAME. It explains some command line
option you mightwant to play it.

So "mame.exe defender -option parameter"

>> --
>> By(e) Andreas
>> Old school arcade classics at
>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
>> Linux without installation?
>> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
>> OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader
>> http://xnews.newsguy.com/
>> Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter
>> http://counter.li.org/

Iiiiiiiiiiik.
--

> MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:
>>
>> "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message

>>> That sounds not like a MAME issue. Did it do this with MAME32 too?
>>>
>>> May be the command line version uses a different resolution mode?
>>
>> Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
>> resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.
>
> There's a readme.txt shipped with MAME. It explains some command line
> option you mightwant to play it.
>
> So "mame.exe defender -option parameter"

How will this work in conjunction with Mamewah though?

>>> --
>>> By(e) Andreas
>>> Old school arcade classics at
>>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
>>> Linux without installation?
>>> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
>>> OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader
>>> http://xnews.newsguy.com/
>>> Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter
>>> http://counter.li.org/
>
> Iiiiiiiiiiik.
> --
> By(e) Andreas
> Old school arcade classics at
> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
> Linux without installation?
> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
> OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader
> http://xnews.newsguy.com/
> Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter
> http://counter.li.org/

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* MikeC wrote in alt.games.mame:

> "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
>> MikeC wrote on 17. February 2005:

[...]

>>> Mame32 works perfectly, so I guess I need to know how to mess with the
>>> resolutions and stuff with command-line Mame.

>> There's a readme.txt shipped with MAME. It explains some command line
>> option you mightwant to play it.

>> So "mame.exe defender -option parameter"

> How will this work in conjunction with Mamewah though?

Many of the options have equivalent entries in the MAME.ini file.

--
David
The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.