RMAing a fried Gigabyte Video card in Australia, possible ?

My nephew had his 9600 pro vid card fry, i know he was not
overclokcing it, prob does not even know how :)

What sort of warranty does the card have itsonly somthing like 6
months old, what sort of change do i have to get it replaced ?

Do they test it ?

Thanks.

yes they test. He should go back to where he purchased the card. If they
will not do anything he should contact giga-byte in Australia and see about
sending the bad card to them along with proof of purchase.

Wayne

"Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> My nephew had his 9600 pro vid card fry, i know he was not
> overclokcing it, prob does not even know how :)
>
> What sort of warranty does the card have itsonly somthing like 6
> months old, what sort of change do i have to get it replaced ?
>
> Do they test it ?
>
> Thanks.

Yeah he tried and they went on about, power surges and such heard bad
things about where he bought it from, not replacing stuff even under
warranty and giving plenty of excuses to get out of it.

Anyway can't hurt to send it back, they can only say no we wont
replace it, and maybe they will say yes :)

Thanks.

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:16:38 GMT, "Wayne" <nope.notme@notospam.tv>
wrote:

>yes they test. He should go back to where he purchased the card. If they
>will not do anything he should contact giga-byte in Australia and see about
>sending the bad card to them along with proof of purchase.
>
>Wayne
>
>"Little TeaPot" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> My nephew had his 9600 pro vid card fry, i know he was not
>> overclokcing it, prob does not even know how :)
>>
>> What sort of warranty does the card have itsonly somthing like 6
>> months old, what sort of change do i have to get it replaced ?
>>
>> Do they test it ?
>>
>> Thanks.

Tim

When you RMA quote what the reseller said to you and state clearly if any of
it is applicable. IE "my reseller refused to honour the legal warrantee
claim indicating he was of the opinion the device had been blown by a power
surge when I can state that there was no evidence of this. He also spouted
forth about ... lightening... what ever else ...".

Why? Frankly, resellers like that shouldn't be in business. It is their job
of choice and they should suffer the legal consequences for breaching the
terms and conditions of sale (under ozzie law, which is quite similar to UK
and NZ law on this front). If he is of the opinion that the card has been
zapped by a power surge, then who provided the PSU for your computer, is
that fried too? Is anything else in the computer fried? Does he suggest an
Insurance claim? Is he willing to stake his reputation on a written
statement that the unit was fried by a power surge or lightening bolt so as
to support an insurance claim? If the answer to these questions is No then I
suggest that you repeat this information to GB in OZ and suggest to them
that the reseller should not be dealing in GB products.

- Tim

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:41:59 +1000, Little TeaPot <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>My nephew had his 9600 pro vid card fry, i know he was not
>overclokcing it, prob does not even know how :)
>
>What sort of warranty does the card have itsonly somthing like 6
>months old, what sort of change do i have to get it replaced ?
>
>Do they test it ?
>
>Thanks.

May be your PSU fried it..?

The rest of the system is fine, just the vidcard, if it was a power
surge or lighting somthing else if not all would have gone, not just
the videocard right ?