Setting Award Bios User password

jeff

Hi,

I have two gigabyte MB's

Ga8IRXP and GAIEXP with award bios .On other non gigabyte MB's with therir
bios I was able to state a user password that would prevent the sytstem from
booting at all unless you entered the password.

Here instead I seem to be able only to protect access to the bios and not
the Bootup process.

I have tried entering the same and different passwords for supervisor
password and user password but only the bios seems to be protected, not
system bootup.

Advice appreciated

jeff

As soon as you enter the Setup menu, press Ctl-F1 to access the "advanced
features." Then go to the Advanced BIOS Features menu and set Password Check
to [System].