GA-K8NSNXP-939 CPU Temp Problem Still Here

Anyone figure out this CPU Temp problem?
I am still getting very low readings, 12c .
I am now starting to think that Gigabyte may be scrapping this board due to
some sort of problem with the hardware that a BIOS update just cant fix..
Otherwise, I believe they would have fixed it by now..
It truly pains me to think how much money I spent on what was suppose to be
a flagship motherboard.
Only to have the kind of problems you would expect from a bargin
board..Gigabyte had better come clean on this problem soon or this thing is
going bye bye..

This is not the only problem with this board..
I cant seem to run Memtest at all, when I boot with the CD it shows up for
about 1 second, then the system goes back to post..I dont think its a system
istability because I can run Prime 95 for days without any hardware failure.
And games run perfect as well..So I dont believe the ram is unstable.
I guess I should consider myself lucky, there are alot of people with this
board who are having much worse problems then I..
I also would have liked to overclock just a bit..
Nothing big, I would have been happy being able to get a 5% overclock, but I
cant even get a 1% O/C.. Even at that, Prime95 dies after a minute. haha..I
have tried very loose timings and up the voltage on everything, nothing
helps.
Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes..

My System:
GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
TWINX1024-3200C2PT/ Dual Channel 2-2-3-5-1T
2 Western Digital HDD's One 160Gb One 120Gb SATA
NEC Dual layer DVD burner
Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W PSU
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Black/ Wow what a box!!
XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
3 answers Last reply
More about k8nsnxp temp problem here

    Update: I called Gigabyte and asked them if there was any progress with the
    temp issue with this board.
    A nice lady name of Sharon Lee "Bruce Lee's sister"
    Said they had indeed fixed the problem with a new Bata BIOS {F4K} My board
    is now reporting a temp of 35c for the CPU...It's about time! :-)
    Sadly the BIOS update did nothing for the overclocking problem ..Oh well..
    maybe with the next one..
    "Golgatha" <golgatha58@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone figure out this CPU Temp problem?
    > I am still getting very low readings, 12c .
    > I am now starting to think that Gigabyte may be scrapping this board due
    > some sort of problem with the hardware that a BIOS update just cant fix..
    > Otherwise, I believe they would have fixed it by now..
    > It truly pains me to think how much money I spent on what was suppose to
    be
    > a flagship motherboard.
    > Only to have the kind of problems you would expect from a bargin
    > board..Gigabyte had better come clean on this problem soon or this thing
    is
    > going bye bye..
    >
    > This is not the only problem with this board..
    > I cant seem to run Memtest at all, when I boot with the CD it shows up for
    > about 1 second, then the system goes back to post..I dont think its a
    system
    > istability because I can run Prime 95 for days without any hardware
    failure.
    > And games run perfect as well..So I dont believe the ram is unstable.
    > I guess I should consider myself lucky, there are alot of people with this
    > board who are having much worse problems then I..
    > I also would have liked to overclock just a bit..
    > Nothing big, I would have been happy being able to get a 5% overclock, but
    > cant even get a 1% O/C.. Even at that, Prime95 dies after a minute.
    haha..I
    > have tried very loose timings and up the voltage on everything, nothing
    > helps.
    > Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes..
    >
    > My System:
    > GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard
    > AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    > TWINX1024-3200C2PT/ Dual Channel 2-2-3-5-1T
    > 2 Western Digital HDD's One 160Gb One 120Gb SATA
    > NEC Dual layer DVD burner
    > Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W PSU
    > Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Black/ Wow what a box!!
    > XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

    Is this the memory your using on your gigabyte board ?

    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-17

    yup thats the stuff
    "Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is this the memory your using on your gigabyte board ?
    >
    > http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-17

Gigabyte Motherboards