GA-K8NSNXP-939 CPU Temp Problem Still Here

Anyone figure out this CPU Temp problem?
I am still getting very low readings, 12c .
I am now starting to think that Gigabyte may be scrapping this board due to
some sort of problem with the hardware that a BIOS update just cant fix..
Otherwise, I believe they would have fixed it by now..
It truly pains me to think how much money I spent on what was suppose to be
a flagship motherboard.
Only to have the kind of problems you would expect from a bargin
board..Gigabyte had better come clean on this problem soon or this thing is
going bye bye..

This is not the only problem with this board..
I cant seem to run Memtest at all, when I boot with the CD it shows up for
about 1 second, then the system goes back to post..I dont think its a system
istability because I can run Prime 95 for days without any hardware failure.
And games run perfect as well..So I dont believe the ram is unstable.
I guess I should consider myself lucky, there are alot of people with this
board who are having much worse problems then I..
I also would have liked to overclock just a bit..
Nothing big, I would have been happy being able to get a 5% overclock, but I
cant even get a 1% O/C.. Even at that, Prime95 dies after a minute. haha..I
have tried very loose timings and up the voltage on everything, nothing
helps.
Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes..

My System:
GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
TWINX1024-3200C2PT/ Dual Channel 2-2-3-5-1T
2 Western Digital HDD's One 160Gb One 120Gb SATA
NEC Dual layer DVD burner
Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W PSU
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Black/ Wow what a box!!
XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Update: I called Gigabyte and asked them if there was any progress with the
temp issue with this board.
A nice lady name of Sharon Lee "Bruce Lee's sister"
Said they had indeed fixed the problem with a new Bata BIOS {F4K} My board
is now reporting a temp of 35c for the CPU...It's about time! :)
Sadly the BIOS update did nothing for the overclocking problem ..Oh well..
maybe with the next one..
"Golgatha" <golgatha58@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Anyone figure out this CPU Temp problem?
> I am still getting very low readings, 12c .
> I am now starting to think that Gigabyte may be scrapping this board due
> some sort of problem with the hardware that a BIOS update just cant fix..
> Otherwise, I believe they would have fixed it by now..
> It truly pains me to think how much money I spent on what was suppose to
be
> a flagship motherboard.
> Only to have the kind of problems you would expect from a bargin
> board..Gigabyte had better come clean on this problem soon or this thing
is
> going bye bye..
>
> This is not the only problem with this board..
> I cant seem to run Memtest at all, when I boot with the CD it shows up for
> about 1 second, then the system goes back to post..I dont think its a
system
> istability because I can run Prime 95 for days without any hardware
failure.
> And games run perfect as well..So I dont believe the ram is unstable.
> I guess I should consider myself lucky, there are alot of people with this
> board who are having much worse problems then I..
> I also would have liked to overclock just a bit..
> Nothing big, I would have been happy being able to get a 5% overclock, but
> cant even get a 1% O/C.. Even at that, Prime95 dies after a minute.
haha..I
> have tried very loose timings and up the voltage on everything, nothing
> helps.
> Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes..
>
> My System:
> GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard
> AMD Athlon 64 3500+
> TWINX1024-3200C2PT/ Dual Channel 2-2-3-5-1T
> 2 Western Digital HDD's One 160Gb One 120Gb SATA
> NEC Dual layer DVD burner
> Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W PSU
> Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Black/ Wow what a box!!
> XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

TRENDING THREADS