How do I login to domain with USB network adapter?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
March 7, 2005 1:43:15 PM

I have a Dell 1300 USB network adapter which I am trying to use to connect
to my domain. The problem is I cannot login to domain and run login scripts
because XP does not intialize the USB device until I login local to machine.
How do I fix this? I have searched high and low and cannot find the answer.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:08:56 AM

Interesting dilemma, have you installed this device and related software or
device driver as a local admin first before trying to use it.

"Harold" <reply@togroup.com> wrote in message
news:o 8k4DTzIFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have a Dell 1300 USB network adapter which I am trying to use to connect
>to my domain. The problem is I cannot login to domain and run login
>scripts because XP does not intialize the USB device until I login local to
>machine. How do I fix this? I have searched high and low and cannot find
>the answer.

March 8, 2005 1:08:57 AM

yes, it works AFTER I login locally to the machine. It is at the
CTRL+ALT+DEL screen is when the USB network adapter does not work so I
cannot choose the domain to login to. I am told that it doesn't exist.

I may have found another issue....
I get this in event log when I logoff or when I reboot and PC comes back
online. This looks like the USB might be working but not authenticating to
the domain??? Not sure anymore.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: IAS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2
Date: 3/7/2005
Time: 8:45:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: YA01-AD
User host/fwy4d01.yacorp.com was denied access.
Fully-Qualified-User-Name = yacorp.com/Computers/FWY4D01
NAS-IP-Address = 10.22.3.3
NAS-Identifier = ya-ap
Called-Station-Identifier = 0012.44b0.7690
Calling-Station-Identifier = 0090.4b8a.d133
Client-Friendly-Name = cisco-ap
Client-IP-Address = 10.22.3.3
NAS-Port-Type = Wireless - IEEE 802.11
NAS-Port = 113327
Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users
Authentication-Provider = Windows
Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
Policy-Name = Wireless
Authentication-Type = PEAP
EAP-Type = <undetermined>
Reason-Code = 262
Reason = The supplied message is incomplete. The signature was not
verified.

"BINZA?" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message
news:D 0ijdu$c22$1$830fa7a5@news.demon.co.uk...
> Interesting dilemma, have you installed this device and related software
> or device driver as a local admin first before trying to use it.
>
> "Harold" <reply@togroup.com> wrote in message
> news:o 8k4DTzIFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>I have a Dell 1300 USB network adapter which I am trying to use to connect
>>to my domain. The problem is I cannot login to domain and run login
>>scripts because XP does not intialize the USB device until I login local
>>to machine. How do I fix this? I have searched high and low and cannot
>>find the answer.

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:52:47 AM

I think that the issue may be that you need to setup your card with some
security settings that are needed as the card appears to be loading but has
an IAS error which is an authentication service failure.
These should be supplied by whoever setup your system.

news:o sNrwS2IFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!