GA-7DXR - max. CPU?

Hi,

i currently use the GA-7DXR with an Athlon Thunderbird 1400.
I´ll upgrade the CPU.

Which is the maximum CPU i can use?

Thanks, Sebastian

Tim

Sebastian Gansemer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i currently use the GA-7DXR with an Athlon Thunderbird 1400.
> I´ll upgrade the CPU.
>
> Which is the maximum CPU i can use?
>
> Thanks, Sebastian

Since the board has a max FSB of 133mhz(266ddr or pc2100) you can go as
high as an AthlonXP 2400+ or an AthlonMP 2600+. This is according to
Giga-Byte's website.
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7DXR.htm

"Tim" <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Sebastian Gansemer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i currently use the GA-7DXR with an Athlon Thunderbird 1400.
> > I´ll upgrade the CPU.
> >
> > Which is the maximum CPU i can use?
> >
> > Thanks, Sebastian
> >
> Since the board has a max FSB of 133mhz(266ddr or pc2100) you can go as
> high as an AthlonXP 2400+ or an AthlonMP 2600+. This is according to
> Giga-Byte's website.
> http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7DXR.htm

AthlonXP 2600+ according to the CPU support list at:
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-7DXR.htm

Vu.