GA-7DXR+ and Leadtek 6800GT

Hi all,
I recently got a Leadtek 6800GT, but my system fails the POST when
I put the card in. My motherboard doesn't seem to support it.

My system is:
CPU - AMD AthlonXP 1800+
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-7DXR+
RAM - 1GB, mixed brands
PSU - 400w (dunno the brand)
Graphics - Leadtek GeForce 6800GT
(trying to replace the GeForce4 MX440)

Now I know my system is old and in need of an upgrade, but I expected
the graphics card to at least work at AGP4x. The Mobo is AGP2x/4x, and
it's a universal AGP slot capable of 1.5v, and the BIOS is set to AGP4x.
So... is this Leadtek card not going to work with AGP4x at all?

When I turn the system on the board gives a long beep followed by two
short beeps. I read that this means it's an AGP issue...

Any help?
Thanks,

--

Vu.
2 answers Last reply

    Vu wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I recently got a Leadtek 6800GT, but my system fails the POST when
    > I put the card in. My motherboard doesn't seem to support it.
    >
    > My system is:
    > CPU - AMD AthlonXP 1800+
    > Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-7DXR+
    > RAM - 1GB, mixed brands
    > PSU - 400w (dunno the brand)
    > Graphics - Leadtek GeForce 6800GT
    > (trying to replace the GeForce4 MX440)
    >
    > Now I know my system is old and in need of an upgrade, but I expected
    > the graphics card to at least work at AGP4x. The Mobo is AGP2x/4x, and
    > it's a universal AGP slot capable of 1.5v, and the BIOS is set to AGP4x.
    > So... is this Leadtek card not going to work with AGP4x at all?
    >
    > When I turn the system on the board gives a long beep followed by two
    > short beeps. I read that this means it's an AGP issue...
    >
    > Any help?
    > Thanks,

    Did you hook up the two power connectors on the card to your power
    supply? I know the 6800XT has them and they have to be connected for the
    card to function. I think yours has at least one power connector, check
    and make sure.

    > Did you hook up the two power connectors on the card to your power
    > supply? I know the 6800XT has them and they have to be connected for the
    > card to function. I think yours has at least one power connector, check
    > and make sure.

    Thanks Tim, I think the card jest needed to be seated properly.
    It all works now... although I don't think the PSU is quite up to it.
    The card gives an irritatingly loud screech if the power connector
    is not plugged in, letting you know it's not happy.

    Vu.

Gigabyte Leadtek Motherboards