nec dvd burner not recognized.

My nec dvd rw burner shows up in properties as a dvd-rom. I am unable to burn
anything cause my software reads that its just a dvd rom. any help????
2
answers
Last reply
More about burner recognized

    Is the drive enabled for recording? In Properties, you should see a tab
    marked Recording or something similar. Check there.

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > Is the drive enabled for recording? In Properties, you should see a tab
    > marked Recording or something similar. Check there.
    >
    > "keyz2you" <keyz2you@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My nec dvd rw burner shows up in properties as a dvd-rom. I am unable to
    > burn
    > > anything cause my software reads that its just a dvd rom. any help????
    > >

    > I am having the same problem can you help me please? there is no recording tab on mine My hp dvd200i worked fine then one day it quit working why ?

Burner NEC DVD Drives Windows XP