LeeG

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

I have recently had to reinstall XP. Before this I could not record using my
'Line in' and now my 'Mic' is unavailable as well. I have a C-Media 5.1
CMI8738 with what I believe are the latest drivers. I have Tomb Raider -
Angel of Darkness and this game will not detect the EAX function of this card.

Can anyone help?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Just like to say I'm having the same problem, also with C-media.....having
re-installed XP (and SP2).....my microphone doesn't work anymore.....annoying
when trying to fly on-line!......does someone have any idea how to fix this
problem??

Steve

"LeeG" wrote:

> I have recently had to reinstall XP. Before this I could not record using my
> 'Line in' and now my 'Mic' is unavailable as well. I have a C-Media 5.1
> CMI8738 with what I believe are the latest drivers. I have Tomb Raider -
> Angel of Darkness and this game will not detect the EAX function of this card.
>
> Can anyone help?

You mic might not be enabled.

Go to start>run and type

sndvol32

then select Options>Properties then select Recording, then check off
Microphone.

this also goes for Line In.

--
William

> Just like to say I'm having the same problem, also with C-media.....having
> re-installed XP (and SP2).....my microphone doesn't work
> anymore.....annoying
> when trying to fly on-line!......does someone have any idea how to fix
> this
> problem??
>
> Steve
>
> "LeeG" wrote:
>
>> I have recently had to reinstall XP. Before this I could not record
>> using my
>> 'Line in' and now my 'Mic' is unavailable as well. I have a C-Media 5.1
>> CMI8738 with what I believe are the latest drivers. I have Tomb Raider -
>> Angel of Darkness and this game will not detect the EAX function of this
>> card.
>>
>> Can anyone help?

LeeG

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

Hi

No Joy. The main program I am trying to record from is my TV tuner, but the
volume control program that came with the sound card shows the Mic and Line
in unavailable. I have been to the C-Media website and tried posting this
problem but I am unable to submit it. I therefore need another avenue of
help.