Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Periodically loses connection.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 7, 2005 3:33:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

I have a Speedstream 5200 DSL modem and a Netgear WGR14v3 Wireless router. My
desktop is hooked up by cable and my laptop through wireless.

My connection remains strong, but I lose the internet periodically. I've
tried repairing, but the only thing that works is rebooting.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 8, 2005 2:20:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

change channel probably interference

mike

"Frustrated in Cleveland" <FrustratedinCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:40F30FA0-8EC3-4D91-A0F4-4508FE731C52@microsoft.com...
> I have a Speedstream 5200 DSL modem and a Netgear WGR14v3 Wireless router.
My
> desktop is hooked up by cable and my laptop through wireless.
>
> My connection remains strong, but I lose the internet periodically. I've
> tried repairing, but the only thing that works is rebooting.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 12, 2005 2:25:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

What do you mean "change channel"? This is a wireless router.

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> change channel probably interference
>
> mike
>
> "Frustrated in Cleveland" <FrustratedinCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:40F30FA0-8EC3-4D91-A0F4-4508FE731C52@microsoft.com...
> > I have a Speedstream 5200 DSL modem and a Netgear WGR14v3 Wireless router.
> My
> > desktop is hooked up by cable and my laptop through wireless.
> >
> > My connection remains strong, but I lose the internet periodically. I've
> > tried repairing, but the only thing that works is rebooting.
>
>
>
Related resources
March 12, 2005 8:49:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Frustrated in Cleveland wrote:

> What do you mean "change channel"? This is a wireless router.
>
> "mikeFNB" wrote:
>
>> change channel probably interference
>>
>> mike
>>
>> "Frustrated in Cleveland"
>> <FrustratedinCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:40F30FA0-8EC3-4D91-A0F4-4508FE731C52@microsoft.com...
>> > I have a Speedstream 5200 DSL modem and a Netgear WGR14v3 Wireless
>> > router.
>> My
>> > desktop is hooked up by cable and my laptop through wireless.
>> >
>> > My connection remains strong, but I lose the internet periodically.
>> > I've tried repairing, but the only thing that works is rebooting.
>>
>>
>>
You can change the channel of the signal from your router's
configuration screen. It is probably set to 11 - try setting it to 6.
Or vice versa.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com
In Memoriam - MVP Alex Nichol
The world is diminished without him.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 28, 2005 6:19:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

I tried changing the channel, but no change. I have disabled the wireless
while I was away from the computer then re-enabled it upon returning. That
seemed to work for awhile, but no longer. I don't get it and I can't find an
answer. The only thing that works is to re-boot the computer then everything
works fine.

"Malke" wrote:

> Frustrated in Cleveland wrote:
>
> > What do you mean "change channel"? This is a wireless router.
> >
> > "mikeFNB" wrote:
> >
> >> change channel probably interference
> >>
> >> mike
> >>
> >> "Frustrated in Cleveland"
> >> <FrustratedinCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:40F30FA0-8EC3-4D91-A0F4-4508FE731C52@microsoft.com...
> >> > I have a Speedstream 5200 DSL modem and a Netgear WGR14v3 Wireless
> >> > router.
> >> My
> >> > desktop is hooked up by cable and my laptop through wireless.
> >> >
> >> > My connection remains strong, but I lose the internet periodically.
> >> > I've tried repairing, but the only thing that works is rebooting.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> You can change the channel of the signal from your router's
> configuration screen. It is probably set to 11 - try setting it to 6.
> Or vice versa.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> In Memoriam - MVP Alex Nichol
> The world is diminished without him.
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 28, 2005 6:19:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

I tried changing the channel, but no change. I have disabled the wireless
while I was away from the computer then re-enabled it upon returning. That
seemed to work for awhile, but no longer. I don't get it and I can't find an
answer. The only thing that works is to re-boot the computer then everything
works fine.

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> change channel probably interference
>
> mike
>
> "Frustrated in Cleveland" <FrustratedinCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:40F30FA0-8EC3-4D91-A0F4-4508FE731C52@microsoft.com...
> > I have a Speedstream 5200 DSL modem and a Netgear WGR14v3 Wireless router.
> My
> > desktop is hooked up by cable and my laptop through wireless.
> >
> > My connection remains strong, but I lose the internet periodically. I've
> > tried repairing, but the only thing that works is rebooting.
>
>
>
!