GA-81PE1000PRO-G; audio drivers install incomplete

Should Express Install on the supplied CD install all audio drivers and
functions including Jack-sensor, Audio Configuration Manager and SPDIF
output driver? The display says that Realtek AC97 codec is installed, but XP
recognises no Realtek drivers in System Resources, and there's no SPDIF or
Jack-sensing functionality, and no AC97 Audio Configuration utility
available.
I've run <setup.exe> from the 3.62 driver download, but there's still no
sign of these functions on restart, nor of XP recognising the drivers.
MilesG
--
if you wish to send a personal email, first destroy TheDoctor

"MilesG" <mjgolding@btopenworldTheDoctor.com> wrote in message
> Should Express Install on the supplied CD install all audio drivers and
> functions including Jack-sensor, Audio Configuration Manager and SPDIF
> output driver? The display says that Realtek AC97 codec is installed, but
XP
> recognises no Realtek drivers in System Resources, and there's no SPDIF or
> Jack-sensing functionality, and no AC97 Audio Configuration utility
> available.
> I've run <setup.exe> from the 3.62 driver download, but there's still no
> sign of these functions on restart, nor of XP recognising the drivers.
> MilesG
> --
> if you wish to send a personal email, first destroy TheDoctor

I had problems trying to get the sound working from the cd that came with my
Ga-7N400-L1. In the end I installed the driver from the Realtek website. I
think it is version 3.64 at the present. But mine was the end of last year,
so not the present version.

David

"David Sewell" <david@hereat.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "MilesG" <mjgolding@btopenworldTheDoctor.com> wrote in message
> > Should Express Install on the supplied CD install all audio drivers and
> > functions including Jack-sensor, Audio Configuration Manager and SPDIF
> > output driver? The display says that Realtek AC97 codec is installed,
but
> XP
> > recognises no Realtek drivers in System Resources, and there's no SPDIF
or
> > Jack-sensing functionality, and no AC97 Audio Configuration utility
> > available.
> > I've run <setup.exe> from the 3.62 driver download, but there's still no
> > sign of these functions on restart, nor of XP recognising the drivers.
> > MilesG
> > --
> > if you wish to send a personal email, first destroy TheDoctor
> >

> I had problems trying to get the sound working from the cd that came with
my
> Ga-7N400-L1. In the end I installed the driver from the Realtek website.
> think it is version 3.64 at the present. But mine was the end of last
year,
> so not the present version.
>
> David

Thanks David. Was it just sound that didn't function, or the Sound Manager
and Jack-sensing functions too?
What's strange is that the 3.62 update installed OK and fixed the problem on
a GA-81PE1000PRO here at home, which has a STA Media 7.1 soundcard; my son's
PRO-G system has a Philips PSC604 soundcard. I can only assume it's related
to that.
I'll suggest he uninstalls/reinstalls all audio drivers in Safe Mode next.
Miles

> "David Sewell" <david@hereat.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "MilesG" <mjgolding@btopenworldTheDoctor.com> wrote in message
> > > Should Express Install on the supplied CD install all audio drivers
and
> > > functions including Jack-sensor, Audio Configuration Manager and SPDIF
> > > output driver? The display says that Realtek AC97 codec is installed,
> but
> > XP
> > > recognises no Realtek drivers in System Resources, and there's no
SPDIF
> or
> > > Jack-sensing functionality, and no AC97 Audio Configuration utility
> > > available.
> > > I've run <setup.exe> from the 3.62 driver download, but there's still
no
> > > sign of these functions on restart, nor of XP recognising the drivers.
> > > MilesG
> > > --
> > > if you wish to send a personal email, first destroy TheDoctor
> > >

> > I had problems trying to get the sound working from the cd that came
with
> my
> > Ga-7N400-L1. In the end I installed the driver from the Realtek
website.
> > think it is version 3.64 at the present. But mine was the end of last
> year,
> > so not the present version.
> >
> > David
> >
> Thanks David. Was it just sound that didn't function, or the Sound
Manager
> and Jack-sensing functions too?
> What's strange is that the 3.62 update installed OK and fixed the problem
on
> a GA-81PE1000PRO here at home, which has a STA Media 7.1 soundcard; my
son's
> PRO-G system has a Philips PSC604 soundcard. I can only assume it's
related
> to that.
> I'll suggest he uninstalls/reinstalls all audio drivers in Safe Mode next.
> Miles

The motherboard cd installation seemed clunky altogether. I only use the
onboard audio and this is with win98se. There were no utilities installed
that would work the sound so I gave up and used the reatek website.

> "MilesG" <mjgolding@btopenworldTheDoctor.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "David Sewell" <david@hereat.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "MilesG" <mjgolding@btopenworldTheDoctor.com> wrote in message
> and
SPDIF
> > but
> > > XP
> SPDIF
> > or
> no
> > > >

> > > I had problems trying to get the sound working from the cd that came
> with
> > my
> > > Ga-7N400-L1. In the end I installed the driver from the Realtek
> website.
> > > think it is version 3.64 at the present. But mine was the end of last
> > year,
> > > so not the present version.
> > >
> > > David
> > >
> > Thanks David. Was it just sound that didn't function, or the Sound
> Manager
> > and Jack-sensing functions too?
> > What's strange is that the 3.62 update installed OK and fixed the
problem
> on
> > a GA-81PE1000PRO here at home, which has a STA Media 7.1 soundcard; my
> son's
> > PRO-G system has a Philips PSC604 soundcard. I can only assume it's
> related
> > to that.
> > I'll suggest he uninstalls/reinstalls all audio drivers in Safe Mode
next.
> > Miles
> >

> The motherboard cd installation seemed clunky altogether. I only use the
> onboard audio and this is with win98se. There were no utilities installed
> that would work the sound so I gave up and used the reatek website.
> David

Thanks for the further information David. I had a reply from Ukelele on the
Sysopt web forum, who thinks XP is "picky" with drivers. He was the one who
suggested uninstalling/reinstalling all sound drivers in Safe Mode, ensuring
that the soundcard driver comes before Realtek. I do recall that I installed
them the other way round - the Gigabyte Express Install loads more than just
the chipset so Realtek audio was there before the soundcard.
Miles