Constantly Acquiring Network Address and CPU Usage 100%

P4 1.8ghz 500+mb ram Geforce II videocard Cnet Pro network, windows xp sp2,
using dial up.

Whenever I restart the computer my Local Area Connection icon starts moving
in the sys tray. It says "Acquiring Network Address." However, the network
works fine and everything shows in My Networks like it is supposed to.

Also, when I connect to the internet my CPU usage goes to 100% and it is the
Network Service that keeps doing it. I have to hit End Process to get the
cpu usage to go back down.

How can I fix these problems? Thanks.

"Casey Jones" <kayseejones@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> P4 1.8ghz 500+mb ram Geforce II videocard Cnet Pro network, windows xp
> sp2, using dial up.
>
> Whenever I restart the computer my Local Area Connection icon starts
> moving in the sys tray. It says "Acquiring Network Address." However, the
> network works fine and everything shows in My Networks like it is supposed
> to.
>
> Also, when I connect to the internet my CPU usage goes to 100% and it is
> the Network Service that keeps doing it. I have to hit End Process to get
> the cpu usage to go back down.

I went into the xp firewall and turned off the firewall for the Local Area
Connection. That fixed the icon in the sys tray. However, I still have the
problem with CPU usage being 100% when I connect to the internet. I have to
go into the Services and End Process the svchost.exe Network Services line.

Casey Jones wrote:
> *P4 1.8ghz 500+mb ram Geforce II videocard Cnet Pro network, windows
> xp sp2,
> using dial up.
>
> Whenever I restart the computer my Local Area Connection icon starts
> moving
> in the sys tray. It says "Acquiring Network Address." However, the
> network
> works fine and everything shows in My Networks like it is supposed
> to.
>
> Also, when I connect to the internet my CPU usage goes to 100% and it
> is the
> Network Service that keeps doing it. I have to hit End Process to get
> the
> cpu usage to go back down.
>
> How can I fix these problems? Thanks. *
Sounds like you may have some spy ware issues , try running spy bot
search and destroy and ad aware se .

--
Kenny350