Moving from stereo to 5.1

I have an Intel motherboard that has built in graphic card & audio card -
Stereo only. To get 5.1 playback is it just the case of getting a new sound
card & dropping it into one of the vacant PCI slots? If not what's
involved?

--
Thanks in advance

Yes its normally as simple as that,

But I'd check with your bios that you can disable the onboard audio as this
could conflict with your new card.

Regards
Simon Jefferies
mailto:simon[nospam]@cooltoolsonline.co.uk
-- remove [nospam] to email me --

"The Old Timer" <notathome@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>I have an Intel motherboard that has built in graphic card & audio card -
>Stereo only. To get 5.1 playback is it just the case of getting a new
>sound card & dropping it into one of the vacant PCI slots? If not what's
>involved?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

You will also need a 5.1 receiver and speakers to enjoy 5.1 sound. That
could be either a computer setup or wired into a home theater system.

LOL, JAX