Memory on GA-7N400 Pro

I have 4 free banks for a couple years I had 2 256 megs and 1 512 meg which
made it 1 gig. Yesterday I bought a 512 meg chip and I placed it in the last
bank. Well it did not work. So I place the 2 512 megs first and then 1 of
the 256 in the third. I turned the computer on and it read all three. I then
placed the 256 in the fourth bank and everything went back to 1 gig.. I
can't figure out why the other 256 meg won't get regonized. They are both
the same brand and manufacture.

"Joseph A. Zupko" <jaz2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I have 4 free banks for a couple years I had 2 256 megs and 1 512 meg
which
> made it 1 gig. Yesterday I bought a 512 meg chip and I placed it in the
last
> bank. Well it did not work. So I place the 2 512 megs first and then 1 of
> the 256 in the third. I turned the computer on and it read all three. I
then
> placed the 256 in the fourth bank and everything went back to 1 gig.. I
> can't figure out why the other 256 meg won't get regonized. They are both
> the same brand and manufacture.

If you want to use all four DIMM sockets then DIMM3 and DIMM4 must be
Single Sided.