"Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged"

I have an HP zd8000 Notebook in a wireless network with a Lynksys Wireless G
Router with speedbooster. The internet is working fine. My HP 2710 All In
One worked earlier today, now I see the above message on the right hand side
of my taskbar and I am unable to print. All cables seem secure. Anyone else
encounter this and have a solution?
3 answers Last reply
More about local area connection network cable unplugged

    common problem try these answers:
    http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=fp-tab-web-t-1&ei=ISO-8859-1&p=Local+area+connection.++A+network+cable+is+unplugged&meta=vc%3D

    mike

    "bmancinelli" <bmancinelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have an HP zd8000 Notebook in a wireless network with a Lynksys Wireless
    > Router with speedbooster. The internet is working fine. My HP 2710 All
    In
    > One worked earlier today, now I see the above message on the right hand
    side
    > of my taskbar and I am unable to print. All cables seem secure. Anyone
    else
    > encounter this and have a solution?

    This message can be displayed when you have a wireless cvonnection and a
    standard ethernet NIC.

    If the NIC is not in use, of course a 'cable is unplugged'!

    As for printing...please explain what is the issue: what printer make /
    model and to whch PC is it connected?

    "bmancinelli" wrote:

    > I have an HP zd8000 Notebook in a wireless network with a Lynksys Wireless G
    > Router with speedbooster. The internet is working fine. My HP 2710 All In
    > One worked earlier today, now I see the above message on the right hand side
    > of my taskbar and I am unable to print. All cables seem secure. Anyone else
    > encounter this and have a solution?

    Yes, I am on a wireless network, and the unplugged message appears, but I no
    longer have network issues following an on line session with my hardware
    support site.
    Thanks for your help guys.

    Brian

    "BAR" wrote:

    > This message can be displayed when you have a wireless cvonnection and a
    > standard ethernet NIC.
    >
    > If the NIC is not in use, of course a 'cable is unplugged'!
    >
    > As for printing...please explain what is the issue: what printer make /
    > model and to whch PC is it connected?
    >
    > "bmancinelli" wrote:
    >
    > > I have an HP zd8000 Notebook in a wireless network with a Lynksys Wireless G
    > > Router with speedbooster. The internet is working fine. My HP 2710 All In
    > > One worked earlier today, now I see the above message on the right hand side
    > > of my taskbar and I am unable to print. All cables seem secure. Anyone else
    > > encounter this and have a solution?

Wireless Hewlett Packard Wireless Networking